Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
336 Posts
This is no big deal. Just another night for the So Cal crew.. After the dyno session, keith and i teared up the streets, with keith all over the road. Then the skyline ho's came up, and we all went drifting. Just another thursday. Hopefully something exciting will happen tommorow..

=)

K

·
0 Posts
Just wish the dam boost controller wouldnt freak out. Then we can turn up the boost. I wonder what she'll do about at 30psi+. It sure was fun driving it back to the shop. Jack, next time give me some more space. 700rwhp is way too much for even 335's on the streets. We'll see what happens after SEMA. ;)

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
is it prolly something simple and yall already checked it, but was the warning set on teh boost controller and yall tried to boost it higher?

that was the case just this past weekend where a few high HP dawgs were benig held back by it.

S

·
0 Posts
Congrats Keith!
I may be back out to LA in a month or so.. I'll hit you up if I am...

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Keith,

I'm sorry to hear about your car. You must be embarassed that you can only get 700rwhp @ 18psi, I mean other cars are getting that no problem @ 30psi. ;)

Nice Work!!!

When are you headding out to SEMA? I'm going to head out Wednesday afternoon.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
791 Posts
WOW! :eek: Thats some lag! still cool though!

Casey

J

·
0 Posts
the lag isn't bad at all for twin t66's. i thought it would be a lot worse

what kind of engine management do you have?

and how come the dyno graph is spiky ?

btw. good dyno numbers. congrats

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
AZ guys have been rather quiet around the boards lately. Perhaps Vegas 2k1 gave them the fix they needed. :) Impressive numbers, and setup Keith. I can't wait to to see what that puppy can do with some tunning, more boost, and some nitrous (if you do not have any) to spool those badboys up.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
791 Posts
Peak TQ at 6000RPM, id consider it laggy :D

What A/Rs you have Keith?

Casey

K

·
0 Posts
the problem is that when the boost comes on. the car goes crazy. too much volume all at once. we are going to swap out boost controllers to the HKS EZ. i have an avc-r and also the hks evc4. we are not trying to make big numbers yet. this is just to get the car drivable. as you can see from a/f ratios the car is still be set at a conservative level. this is just the beginning....;) for those with big singles or twins. the iridiums are great. i think we gained like 30 rwhp from swapping them out from ngk's. there is lots more to be done to the car, as there are a few bugs left in it. but i am sure we will be making some great numbers soon. just have to sort out the boost controller problem, and also thinking of going with a new ignition box. i have an msd dis 4 right now. we might do multiple boxes. i will surely keep everyone posted. the car will should spool quicker with some more timing and playing with the a/f ratio a little bit. there is lots to be done. this is just the base runs. fine tuning to come.... and if all else fails. i am sure a dual stage nos set-up will be just fine.:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I cant even imagine what that fucker will put out at 30psi.. Awesome car man.. a little more lag for my taste, but there is no way around it with an awesome set up like that... CONGRATS.

Good god, I wanna see your car in person some day.. Id pay you for a ride in that thing LOL :D

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Which set of iridiums are you using? Anyone else with singles using these?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Feared By God said:
Define "car goes crazy". Curious what you mean by that. :)
Huge wheel spin and popping... all that need to be solved/cleaned up as part of the tuning. We made a lot of progress last night and most of the stuff is set very conservatively. The EGTs never moved past 620. That means the car is running pretty rich. Once the top end is "cleaned" up the boost curve will just keep going up instead of dropping off at ~6k. This motor is being spun to 8k RPM where the turbos can maintain a good power curve up to that point. The only reason why you see a drop on the power curve is that, that area need to be tuned more. Timing is also very conservative. Once everything is dialed in, this car will put some insane # down with no NOS.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Congratulations on those excellent results Keith! I'd expect nothing less from my favorite Supra in the world! ;)

Can't wait to see what she does at even higher boost levels. I'm sure it will be amazing! :D

Steve T.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts