Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's GS300 just turned 100K yesterday and now she thinks she needs a new car. Her car is in excellent shape and we both love it. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything in our price range to replace it. The build quality is top notch and the car that we have is perfect.

So...

1. I can purchase another silver GS300 with fewer miles and limited warranty

Pros:
Handles pretty well and has decent acceleration.
Excellent reliability
Bullet-proof drive train setup (stock)
I have a set of aftermarket weels sitting in my office waiting to go on the car:)
Rear wheel drive +++++
Interior is awsome and still in excellent shape (ours has very little wood!)

Cons:
I have personally had A/C problems with every Lexus I have owned
Marginal fuel economy
Handling and performance could both improve

2. We have considered a G35 sedan.

Pros:
Very fun car to drive
Handling and acceleration are greater than that of the GS300
Rear wheel drive++++

Cons:
Car is a Nissan and not a Toyota :nono:
Most models have too many woodgrain interior pieces
The interior build quality is far from that of the Lexus
Home-Link is not a standard option like on the Lexus

3. We are also considering the offerings from Acura / Honda, but I know very little about these.

Does anyone else have any input as to possible replacements? Keep in mind that we have 2 kids and am not too fond of BMW or MB

Our cars:

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Audi trannies suck. :sadwavey:

IGGY, you pimp. Have you ever considered a present model Avalon? I'm totally serious. I really like them. I have driven 2, and they really impressed me. They have plenty of giddy-up, handle well, are plenty luxurious, and make great daily drivers. Very comfy, too.

I have seen a few around Chicago sittin' on 19's and 20's, and they clean up very well!

·
Registered
698 Posts
The new G35 sedans are pretty nice looking and decent performers. Won't be Lexus quality, but what is?

I really like the Acura TL. Great looking car, great performer. Loaded to the gills for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I was given the opportunity to drive a 2007 G35 in Houston at TX2k7 for a rental car and it was a very nice car. It is a huge improvement over the older G35's. The TL is also a great car but doesn't have the power of the G35 unless you step up to the Type-S model. Even with the Type S model, i'd have to give the power advantage to the G35. I do like the layout of the interior a bit better on the TL and the navigation unit. I don't think you could lose with either choice between the G35 and TL.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never considered Audi... Will have to look into that...especially the tranny part.

As far as the avalon goes, I have always considered them "old-lady-mobiles" I have noticed that the newer ones have lines that more resemble the new GS. Is the Avalon RWD? I think that we will look into the new GS as well. The wife is looking into the Acura as I type this...

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
nothing
the car has another 300k left in her

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
How about M35/45? My uncle has one and it is a really nice car.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nothing
the car has another 300k left in her
That is what I say... keep it another 30-60k and just enjoy it

As far as the M35/45. I just have no love for that car. The exterior styling is good for its size, but the interior is just foul! Wood belongs in a stagecoach!:)

·
I don't drive a Supra
163 Posts
Just keep the damn thing and save the money to "invest" in the Supra.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No way I would get rid of it..period.

2jz swap and turbo!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Get her to keep it. My 98 GS300 had 165K miles when I sold it early last year, still fetch $9K. Not a single issue with it.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
get the 90k svc done and keep it.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replys...

I think we will probably keep it. I promised her I would not mod her car as the Supra is my play-toy although that thought crosses my mind every freaking time I turn the key on that car. I may just keep it and replace my Honda Accord for my DD and just get her the infiniti or another GS.

Choon, do you still have a Supra?

·
Registered
830 Posts
GS350? Faster than the V-8, cheaper, better gas mileage. If that is too much try a lower mileage GS300 or GS430?

Sam

1 - 20 of 29 Posts