Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had much experience with these? I just got back from the dealership and they said mine is bad, and offered to replace it for a measly $450 (parts 250, Laber 205). Now from what I've read, its simply a 2x3x1 box, how hard would it be to pull out the soldering iron and fix? Right now the only thing that it is affecting is my remote unlock and unlock on the switches. If I understand right a bad anti-theft would cut off power lock, as well as cutting off power to the starter. Is the dealer right? It almost sounds like a short in the unlock wire to me. Does anyone have one of these for sale by chance?

Akura
(MKIV NA)

·
11,221 Posts
Depends on what year you have. I believe the 93-96 Supras have the ECU under the driver's or passenger's seat. The 97-98 is in the center console. You may just need to reprogram the remote.

www.mkiv.com go to Tech Articles, then look for keyless entry one.

If everything fails, get an aftermarket alarm, it'll be MUCH better and about the same cost.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main problem is that my power locks dont work, and this is directly controlled by the theft deterrent ecu, which is to the right of the glovebox and a pain in the ass to get to. The keyless entry isnt the culprit here, because when I do hit the button on it, I can hear the relay click twice, so its sending the unlock pulse to the power unlock wire, which in the dealers opinion is getting to the ECU where there is a problem, or (in my opinion) is getting drawn to ground by a short. I was just wondering what you guys thought was more likely, my idea or the dealers. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excuse me "My main problem is that my power unlock doesnt work" Power lock works fine

·
11,221 Posts
Akura said:
Excuse me "My main problem is that my power unlock doesnt work" Power lock works fine
Are you referring to when you press the button on the remote, or on the switch inside the car (on the door panels)?

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea ive been told the same thing and i do have a aftermarket clifford matrix alarm. my locks are weird tho they lock but wont unlock and the alarm cant control the locks at all so i still have to use my key :(... so i probably gonna take it to the guy that installed the alarm see if he can figure it out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both, neither switches on the doors will unlock the car, but they will lock. The keyless will lock but not unlock.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i was told my drivers side switches need to be replaced i have that same lock but not unlock problem. i'll let u know if that fixes it but not for some time.. i think the switch assy is like 150$ list lol.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
ridox said:
i do have a aftermarket clifford matrix alarm. my locks are weird tho they lock but wont unlock and the alarm cant control the locks at all so i still have to use my key :(... QUOTE]

I have same exact problem in my Supra :sad:

Door will lock with remote, but will not unlock, I have to unlock using the key.

·
Registered
358 Posts
well today i fixed mine today. the locks, lock and unlock again with the switches. but now my aftermarket alarm isnt work so gotta get that looked at. the problem with mine was. the plastic harness that clicks into the teft deterrent ECU wouldnt lock in anymore it was broken. so i had to zip tie around the ecu and the harness to keep it from unpluging. nowthe door locks work again :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your one of the lucky ones then. I tried that with no luck, was hoping there was just bad contact between harness and ecu. I'm pretty sure one of the 4 relays on the ecu is bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts