Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life just isn't fair to me anymore... some asshole ran into the back of me today!!!!

there goes 800+ for the bumber and another 400 for paint.... and who knows how long it will take to be shipped from japan. SHould i get the insurence involved or let the kid pay me for it?

·
Six Figure Club
420 Posts
if he actually pays you dont bother to get the insurance involved
being a kid myself i would much rather pay someone than have my insurance ruined over a small matter like this.
-Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idk if he can he offered i told him its about 1500 and said if i have to pay you ill pay ya

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I hit my rear bumper and got a perfectly good one from the junkyard for $50.

Unless you get a new one, in which case it'll cost quite a bit more. If the other person is paying for it, I would get it new.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is the kaze aero craft bumber... if you know anyone in the states that has one for less then 800... please let me know

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Heh, I'm stupid and didn't realize the pics could be enlarged by clicking on them, I was squinting at the screen trying to tell if it was aftermarket or not. :p

Yeah, that sucks... :(

Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
id if it will look right if i repair it....

thanks bptotheeng, but there are flaws in the paint.... i think im going to reshoot the front bumper. if scratched that up a bit so... atleast ill be able to do that too...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Yeah, a good body place should be able to get it looking like it did when it was new... I'd go that route if I was you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why a body shop when i did the whole thing my self? paint and all

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
The bumper appears to be fiberglass. Any shop skilled in working with fiberglass should be able to relay new sheets to repair the damage.
At first, one may not envision the repair and repaint to be costly, that's untill the repair quotes are gathered - then you may be surprised. Therefore, I hope you received a police report in case the efforts from your insurer is necessary. Personally, I don't trust people to follow thru on relinquishing money for such things as automotive damages to someone elses car - they may just suddenly disappear. A police report and a call to the insurer is always a comforting ultimatum.

Good luck...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts