Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a townhouse and share wall with 2 sets of neighbors. Needless to say I am pretty sure that the neighbors are pretty pissed off at my Single'd Supra. How does everyone deal with neighbors? At this point I watch what times I leave and come home, but that's getting old. Is it time to get a warehouse for the car or just let the neighbors bitch ?

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
let 'em move :D

in all seriousness though problems with neighbors suck though... we've had to endure 13 freakin years living next to a lunatic. well the last 2 years or so my dad and him became kinda close due to my dad kissing a lot of ass... he lived w/ his mom who just passed away about 6 months ago and he's finally moving out. my dad's buying his house (at a great discount!!) and he gets to pick the next buyer so we don't get stuck with another bad neighbor in the future ;)

how old are your neighbors? do you guys get along? have they mentioned anything about your 'noise'?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SupraTico said:
let 'em move :D

in all seriousness though problems with neighbors suck though... we've had to endure 13 freakin years living next to a lunatic. well the last 2 years or so my dad and him became kinda close due to my dad kissing a lot of ass... he lived w/ his mom who just passed away about 6 months ago and he's finally moving out. my dad's buying his house (at a great discount!!) and he gets to pick the next buyer so we don't get stuck with another bad neighbor in the future ;)

how old are your neighbors? do you guys get along? have they mentioned anything about your 'noise'?
On one side I have a newely married couple, they've been really cool, next to them are some Honda owners who literally are working on cars 3-4 days of the week out front so I don't look that bad. On the other side is some asian mid 20's girl who always has old men coming over in 100-150k benz's and BMWs so I am assuming she works for a real estate company investing, or she :hug: people. None of these people I think give a damn, but across the street is this 60-65 year old lady who walks her cat, she seems to be the drama queen of the street and called the cops on the Honda kids, so I'm sure now that the Supra is in the garage more she's going to put 2 and 2 together. I can't wait for the first note I get from her, even better in 3-4 more months the noise gets doubled when Jessicas Supra gets done.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i dont know why people would complain, supras are very quiet you can not even running unless then been riced up then they run very loud and sound like lawn mowers. well good luck to you.

·
Oh Snaps
549 Posts
I got a friend with an FD with a DP and full exhaust, and his neighbors called the cops on him, and one day when he was out driving the cops pulled him over and told him quote, "Your neighbors are sick of hearing a dam jet take off everytime you leave your driveway." Well he basically just had to deal with, and he tries to be more careful now.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CalgarySupra said:
i dont know why people would complain, supras are very quiet you can not even running unless then been riced up then they run very loud and sound like lawn mowers. well good luck to you.
Single Turbo / AEM / 3.5" DP all the way back with no silencer = pretty loud.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
CalgarySupra said:
Right, because full aftermarket exhaust is ricey. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
My neighbors hate me when I play my music REALLY LOUD at like 10 at night and their a brunch of old couples, the the whole neighorhood hates my dog cause he barkes a lot. I let him bark. :bigthumb:

·
shallow and pedantic
428 Posts
DylanSupra582 said:
My neighbors hate me when I play my music REALLY LOUD at like 10 at night and their a brunch of old couples, the the whole neighorhood hates my dog cause he barkes a lot. I let him bark. :bigthumb:
i hate those neighbors :mad: (you)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a th400 car which loads the motor so the car is loud as hell with the 4inch downpipe, midpipe and almost a 5inch exhaust.. Whenever my little brother took the car out for a spin, they would harass him badly. One day I started the car and the lady walks up thinking it was my brother ; she tells me to shut the car off b/c her babies are sleeping and the car is waking them up... I couldn't believe her. I can understand if it was midnight or whatever but this was 3 in the afternoon, broad daylight. That day I was going for a meeting and was in a real shitty mood. I roll the windows down and just went off on her. \ I could hear the lawn people making more noise then the car but she just have something against the car.. She got the full steam from me and they have never ever said anything to me or my brother. Living in a private community doesn't help. The whole place is full of snow birds who have nothing better to do but to cause drama b.c they are soo damn bored and need some action..

Sherbaz

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
Is it only because ur car is loud or do u fly out of ur neighbor hood. When i lived in vegas in a community i would leave at 6am for school and the first few months i got crap from the neighbors. But if you are cool and dont haul ass out of there they where cool. And if they come up to u and say something say that u dont do anything to endanger them so they shouldnt complain if they still do its time to give them a smoke show. And what can u get in trouble for it if someone says u did something the cops are going to be like umm ok . And u wont ever get bugged

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
CalgarySupra said:
Umm, you know how some cars have a big exhaust tip? My exhaust is THAT big all the way to the turbo. Yup, that's rice alright :rolleyes: My pictures vibrate on the wall when the car is outside idling at 800RPMs. Sure, I can run a little muffler or a silencer and knock about 80RWHP off my car - I guess it wouldn't be rice then huh? :lol:

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
I run open dp. However I always take my neighbors into consideration, for example I run low rpm late at night and what not. But during the day its all fair game, when I work on my car and am testing things out I make a bit of noise. Our neighbors know us well enough to the point where if something is up they could gladly come talk to us. I think establishing a relationship first makes the difference. That way they know you aren't an a-hole with a loud car, but a good neighbor with a loud car.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
DylanSupra582 said:
My neighbors hate me when I play my music REALLY LOUD at like 10 at night
yeah some of us have to wake up at 5 in the morning and we don't really like loud booming bass coming through our walls when we are trying to sleep to go to work in the morning.

I am 27 and i hate that shit too

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
DylanSupra582 said:
I'm with your neighbors.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I would just go over and ask her if your car has been a nuisance when you come home in the evenings. Chances are, this will create a friendly relationship between the two of you, and she'll be less likely to harass you about it since you respected her enough to ask her if the car is a problem for her in the evenings.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got the 2 neighbors cool with me, I'm waiting for her to give me a note or what not. I've tried my best to be cool and idle through the neighboor hood, but with an AEM and Tilton that's a little load even at that, not to mention when I take the car out I'm usually coming home at 2am :) I guess I'll wait until they say something and come up with a solution or explanation then.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well the way I look at it as long as I'm not TRYINNG to be loud its not a problem... I don't rev the motor or anything like that especially coming home late... I just drive out and pull in at the lowest possible RPM... simple...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts