Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

Here's the rundown.

A mate borrowed my car today, without consent basically.. (don't ask).. He's a green P plater and wanted to show off to his mate.

Tonight, another mate (Who has actually had the car for a couple of weeks, and is not a tool), gave me a call to say there was oil on the ground near where he'd parked it.

Upon starting it, there's a steady stream of oil coming out of the block.

Jacked up tonight, and where the engine mount bolts to the engine, there's a nice lovely hole in the block.

Any ideas how this kind of stuff happens? Fresh rubber under the guards so I've pretty much got my suspicions, but has anyone else ever had this happen?

Any help appreciated....Also need a 2JZGTE in NSW.

Cheers
Ben

· Registered
445 Posts
How big is the hole and is that where the oil is comming from? I would be beating some ASS for some money. Call Dusty at MVP he has some good deals on the block assembled and I think he can get bare blocks to, GL man and I feel for ya. The only thing I can think of was too much movement (burnouts) with bad mounts but find it hard to believe that it would put a hole in your block, but maybe weirder things happen.

· Registered
438 Posts
When I acquired my 2jzgte swap upon swapping the motor mount brackets I discovered one of the mount "bosses" was broken leaving a hole in the crank case. I disassembled, cleaned and welded it back together no problem. Clean and can't even tell. It was a pain in the ass and discouraging, but the problem has been addressed and corrected. Luckily it was a clean, single piece that went right back together, I assume the engine came from a wrecked supra that twisted, breaking the boss from the block. I've had ZERO problems since.

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
Yes a pic would be great.

I think you are going to need a massive wrench too if you catch my drift.
I saw Linder about a week later. I had the wrench in my hand... and I hit him! And I didn't mean to keep hitting him, but by the time I was done, I couldn't lift my arm. He's a janitor at an elementary school. He has to take the bus to work... and they banned me from the tracks for life.

12,374 Posts
I know a jack ass whom I let ride my Bike, he dropped it in the first run.
Also knew another jack ass back in the days who test drove my bike, I was in his neighbor hood. So he went a block and ran into another mutual friend of oursand let him drive it. That guy drove by me. He saw me and stopped to chat. I said nice bike man. he said yeah, Ismael just bought it. LOL

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,731 Posts
I saw Linder about a week later. I had the wrench in my hand... and I hit him! And I didn't mean to keep hitting him, but by the time I was done, I couldn't lift my arm. He's a janitor at an elementary school. He has to take the bus to work... and they banned me from the tracks for life.
Your name sounds like a serial killer :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.