Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
personally, my opinion....if u want something nice and quite for family and friends you need a daily driver that is bone stock, if u want to get more horsepower out of ure car factors like that should not be a ?, but since they are.....damn...im trying to think of a mufler....there were some that i heard were prety small and made some hp gains, and were very similar to sounding like stock, i'll look around.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
mrsc3 said:
Anyone had any exp with these mufflers? I want a good free flowing quiet muffler. I'd get the sp but the huge bazooka canister would look horrible on the sc.
I had a Thermal 3" system on my civic and it sounded nice. Deep not ricey.
But that was turbo. I think it would be too loud if your still NA.

· Torturing a W58...
298 Posts
I have a thermal exhaust on my turbo Eclipse. From what I remember (haven't driven the car in a year and a half...f'in DSM's :rolleyes: ) it's got a nice low tone, but it's loud as hell.

I JUST installed a set of Blitz Nur-Spec axle-backs on my SC, and they sound extremely nice...quite honestly, I couldn't be happier. Nice, deep, mellow tone that sounds factory until you open it up. Then it sounds almost....dare I say....exotic. :) It says something when the 40-50 year old guys at work are commenting at how amazing my car sounds, and ask me to go outside and start my car up during lunch so they can check it some more.

The tips are a little big, but it fits my AC kit perfectly. Definitely makes the car look more aggressive as well.

· Torturing a W58...
298 Posts
Yeah, the exhaust is stock with the acception of the mufflers. I've got an Xerd header I was going to install, but now I'm selling it becuase I picked up a turbo kit. The kit has a cat, and I'm probably going to have some resonators installed too becuase I want this thing to stay as quiet as possible.

· Registered
41 Posts
my dual dunks on my SC are not loud at all compare to stock exhaust.. I have stock header, but after the header flange is nothing but the two dunks..and open axle-back is louder than the set-up I have..you can't hear my car on unless your ears are by the cans.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
SV650s said:
my dual dunks on my SC are not loud at all compare to stock exhaust.. I have stock header, but after the header flange is nothing but the two dunks..and open axle-back is louder than the set-up I have..you can't hear my car on unless your ears are by the cans.
^^Thats how my JIC is at idle but at WOT its got a nice growl (as long as the silencer is in)

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
I also like my turbo sc300 quiet. It's actually freakishly quiet until the wastegate opens during WOT :bigthumb: .: I used a 3 inch heatwrapped downpipe, 3 inch mid-pipe with flex section connecting to stock sc300 Y-connector. Mid-End July dyno results will tell me how well this setup flows. The turbo does help muffle the exhaust sound, but the stock resonators and mufflers make the car practically silent (especially when idling). I cannot stand the droning, rumbles, and overall loud exhaust setups, esepcially during long road trips.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
dejacky said:
I also like my turbo sc300 quiet. It's actually freakishly quiet until the wastegate opens during WOT :bigthumb: .: I used a 3 inch heatwrapped downpipe, 3 inch mid-pipe with flex section connecting to stock sc300 Y-connector. Mid-End July dyno results will tell me how well this setup flows. The turbo does help muffle the exhaust sound, but the stock resonators and mufflers make the car practically silent (especially when idling). I cannot stand the droning, rumbles, and overall loud exhaust setups, esepcially during long road trips.
So are you actually running stock cans ?

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
dejacky said:
Stock mufflers and stock resonators. :)
I would ideally like it as quiet as stock but there is just too much power to be had by ditching the stock cans.

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
TooJayZee said:
I would ideally like it as quiet as stock but there is just too much power to be had by ditching the stock cans.
I've heard that is debatable. If I'm able to acheive higher than 400rwhp at 17psi on my setup, then the stock cat-back exhaust flows good enough for me.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
dejacky said:
I've heard that is debatable. If I'm able to acheive higher than 400rwhp at 17psi on my setup, then the stock cat-back exhaust flows good enough for me.
True, true. Im aiming for a little higher numbers. The only reason I even say the stock exhaust licks ballz is that on my honda with the pea shooter exhaust I was only making 260hp and when I removed the test pipe with no other mods I got 308. I'm guessing that since the lex's are so quiet they must have some major restrictions. I could be way off, who knows.

· Banned
2,029 Posts
mrsc3 said:
If I had mufflers that big, I better have something to back it up. I don't know about you but I want something quiet when I pick up friends and family members.
I want something loud when i pick up my friends, I just want something quiet for the cops

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.