Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Toyota thermostat a while back and never got around to installing it untill now. The one that came of my 91T has a rubber gasket surrounding the edge of the thermostat.. the one from toyota has no such gasket/seal. Is this seal neccessary?

Also should there be any kind of gasket between the water outlet and the thermostat housing or will a bead of RTV be fine?

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
yes, there should be a rubber seal around the thermostat (must be purchased separately), but no other gasket. The rubber o-ring seals it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CassMori said:
yes, there should be a rubber seal around the thermostat (must be purchased separately), but no other gasket. The rubber o-ring seals it.
Thanks.. thats what I thought but wasnt sure if the seal was supposed to be included or not.

·
92 TURBO
1,009 Posts
CassMori said:

^ AGREED, the rubber gasket that fits around the thermostat is Toyota part # 16341-35010, it LISTS for about $2.20.
Jiggle valve ^ and no more than 70 in/lbs of torque on the 2 water outlet bolts. That's 70 INCH lbs, which is just under 6 ft/lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts