Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheels are SSR D5R racing. The guy is a member here, Silver Orchid SP60
He does not have the exact specs but the rear offset is aggressive.

They are 19's special order.

The problem is I do not want to roll my fenders, i am not going to modify the body in any way. I do like the way these wheels look on a white supra and I think they would look great on mine if they arent too aggressive.

He has a 1' drop in the rear and said he has a rubbing problem so he had to roll his fenders but he was running 295/35's.

I am wondering if I run 285/30's if that would get by? Or just drop my car .5' in the rear instead of 1' or just leave it stock, hell, I dont know.. Its been 9 years since I had to buy wheels and worry about clearence and all this. I am trying to learn here!

Here is the pics of the wheels on his car.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
It appears that they would probably have to be rolled unless you left it really high up in the air or something like that which I wouldn't think you would want to do. What is the offset of the wheels and what are the sizes? EDIT: I re-read and it sounds like Cedric doesn't know the exact offsets.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was calling for the exact specs tommorow. But I was guessing they would have to be rolled no matter what. I just liked the look of these wheels for the price I was getting. Thanks alot, I have a call in to check on some HREs anyway. Might as well go big huh?? I appreciate it TT, I will eventually learn about offsets and such again one day soon!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You don't need to roll. Look at the fender clearance! Shit, how much more height do you need to prevent rubbing unless you are running stock mush suspension components. I'll show you the same clearance and I'll guarantee that no rubbing will be had. Hey, Geo, bite me- the white Supra is the shit. Why don't you post some pics of your hot Supra Huh? Fuckin noob.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
You don't need to roll. Look at the fender clearance! Shit, how much more height do you need to prevent rubbing unless you are running stock mush suspension components. I'll show you the same clearance and I'll guarantee that no rubbing will be had. Hey, Geo, bite me- the white Supra is the shit. Why don't you post some pics of your hot Supra Huh? Fuckin noob.
You are correct...if you wanted the car to sit really high in the air the fenders would definately not need to be rolled. It all depends on if you want the car lowered or not like I said in so many words in my last post above. If you want the car lowered then they fenders appear that they will need to be rolled.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Fuji, you always trying to help me! He said on his 295/35's on speed bumps he did rub with a 1' drop. You like these more then HREs?? I think they look great and on just a BPU car I think they would fit my purpose. And the price he is offering me seems like a steal since these are going for $800/per wheel right now?? Right around there.. But if I am going to have clearence problems on small bumps these are not for me..

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Don't take my word as gospel. I ride the streets of LA where the roads are nuts. I need to ride high unless I want to be replacing tires every other month. I took down a Carrera last night in the canyon twisties at 25.5 inches fender height. At no time did I feel like I was going to die and I was in the left lane!

PS: The more I look at those wheels the more I want to dump my SF Challenges.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MtFujiSupra said:
PS: The more I look at those wheels the more I want to dump my SF Challenges.

No kidding right? They just look really good for some reason on a supra...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thats not true.. i had 18's and the offset was off (21+) the wheel rubbed my fender all the time. and i was on stock suspension.

TT_6SPD_95 said:
You are correct...if you wanted the car to sit really high in the air the fenders would definately not need to be rolled. It all depends on if you want the car lowered or not like I said in so many words in my last post above. If you want the car lowered then they fenders appear that they will need to be rolled.
What rear bumper/diffuser is this??

Sorry to jack the thread.

[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts