Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thats right boyz and gurlz the 35 offset rims rub in the front with 275's on them. They are right up on the rear wheel well. I am not sure if rolling the edge will help. Major space behind though, which means a larger offset in the rear is needed. I dont know what size tire will fit if any. The guy that sold them to me is an ass. So since I charged them I will cancel the charge.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
You put 275's on the front? I don't know how you managed to even make them fit. I know that DrJ has them, but I am even impressed that he has no fitment issues. Did you really think the 275's would fit on the front? I wouldn't think you would want more than a 245 up front.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
what size rim?

I rubed with my fornt rim on 245 40 17 9" rim 40 offset but I just adjusted the bump stop so it didn't turn as much and I was fine.. if you're only using a 9" rim you need to go to a 275 35 17 since the side wall will be smaller.. I bet thats you're problem.

·
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
NO NOT ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR THEY RUB ON THE FRONT OF THE FENDER. They were on the rear of the car. Havent tried the front but they wouldnt be 275's there. Read what I wrote. They rub on the front side meaning outer fender of the rear wheel well.

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Thats right boyz and gurlz the 35 offset rims rub in the front with 275's on them. They are right up on the rear wheel well. I am not sure if rolling the edge will help. Major space behind though, which means a larger offset in the rear is needed. I dont know what size tire will fit if any. The guy that sold them to me is an ass. So since I charged them I will cancel the charge.
your first line states that it rubs in the front with 275's on them...thats all...haha..

anyways, i have 275/40's on my rear, with NO PROBLEMS...

what size rim

C

·
0 Posts
I run 285's on a 18X9.5 rim in the rear. No probs....

My car is lowered with Koni's. I would say that you want a bigger ofset though, my combo fits perfect for the look I want, dead flush to the fender roll, but a a 42 offset would have been a better choice for most.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i think a 38 offset is the max, for a 9.5 to fit in the rear.

a 38 offset is perfect for a 10".

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Learn how to write proper English before you criticize someone. Sentence order and structure is very vital in getting your point across correctly.

275's fit just fine on 50mm offset. It's all about offset. I've seen 315's fit in the rear of a MK3.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
forgive my ignorance, but with a 35mm offset, would adding a 5mm spacer help to push the wheel out? or does it need to come in

all the more reason to get the other rims, the ones you actually won in the auction...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
We need to know some other things -- mainly the complete tire size. 275/40/17? 275/50/17? 275/35/18? 275/50/18? etc.

Basically we need to know what the overall diameter of the tire is. If its a commonly used size, chances are you have another issue (not enough negative camber, too low of a ride height, etc)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
My 275-35 S03s do not rub on an 18x9 +37 wheel. I even had the stock wheels and tires in the back for a 200 mile drive and they didn't rub. I'm betting you're on at least a 9.5 wide.

You're problems are the EXACT reason why I went with wheels that were garanteeed to fit. I could have ordered the 10 wide (which i REALLY wanted), but may have ran into problems. It was a $1k error I didn't want to make. :(

·
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Listen guys the intent is not to offend anyone, So if you feel offended Sorry Trent." It says they rub in the fronts with 275 on them," They are right on the "rear wheel well, " and there was an assumption made and a chastisement for them. Bishop, point well taken appology offered to you all if offended. I was just a little upset and had only 2 hours sleep in the last day and 8 hours total for the weekend.The issue of 35 offset is that the rims fit however they have a rub when a tire is mounted 275 width. Total overall size is 275 40 18 x 9.5 rim on the rear. 18x8.5 rim on the front no tire mounted yet. They don't rub on the top they rub on the front side of the fender while mounted on the rear of the car! Thanks all and again an apology to you all and to you especially Trent.:)

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
"the front side of the fender" being the metal fender, or the plastic wheel well? If its the metal lip of the fender, and its pretty close to not rubbing -- I'd just roll the fender...

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I'm not sure why this is such a problem.
Just copy the exact offset from the MK4 rims. Also rim widths too.
I run 255/40 17's in the front, and 275/40 17's in the rear. No fender rubbing.
Just slightly clips the front sway bar, but only on absolute full steering lock, and then it just scrapes the clip on wheel weights. (IF I had them use stick on types, it would not hit I think, or just rub the tire sidewall, and that is no big deal.)
Could be easy to adjust the bump stops so it would not hit, but I've found it's just as easy not to fully turn the wheels when possible. :)
My only complaint is that the tires track every rut and crack in the road. Next time around, I'm going with 245/40 17's up front, and possibly 285/40's in the rear. (More traction would be a good thing... 315's would be awesome, but that would take spacers to clear the springs/struts, and push the outer sidewall very close to the quarter wheelhouse opening.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Enraged said:
forgive my ignorance, but with a 35mm offset, would adding a 5mm spacer help to push the wheel out? or does it need to come in

all the more reason to get the other rims, the ones you actually won in the auction...
the lower the offset, 30, 35, 38. the further away from the car

the higher the offset, 40, 45, (50 mk4) the closer to the car.

50 is tight as hell, but i think is the max, it has like 1/8 clearance from suspension components.

38, which is close to stock 37, is the max for 9.5s or 10s

i think if you run 9's or 8's rims you can maybe go a little lower with the offset, but it will be all about placement and seeing if it will rub.

·
Registered
269 Posts
cjennings said:
I run 285's on a 18X9.5 rim in the rear. No probs....

My car is lowered with Koni's. I would say that you want a bigger ofset though, my combo fits perfect for the look I want, dead flush to the fender roll, but a a 42 offset would have been a better choice for most.
What offset are you running? That is the exact look I'm looking for

·
Registered
948 Posts
shit i cant even find rims i want :( i need 17's in about the same widths your running. i figure i can fit 8 inches with perfect offset on stock body going to 10 inch rears when i get my flairs on the celica. ive got no clue where i'm gettin rims

1 - 20 of 44 Posts