Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sunnyvale resident
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Sorry I just had to vent. Some @!%**@#@[email protected] broke into my car last night and yoinked my laptop...I hate thieves.

·
Sunnyvale resident
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i didnt mean to leave it in there either.. i always take it in with me. just forgot this one time. When I remembered I had left it in there about 4 hrs later and went down to get it, it was already gone. Wasnt even like it was layin there for everyone to see either. it was in a plain old green backpack on the floor. but at least they left me my radio and window in one piece.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
hmm... and you don't have an alarm?

·
Sunnyvale resident
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i do.. but its obviously not good enough. so Im in the market for a new alarm..any suggestions? Im lookin for something that involves flame throwers/electric shock if possible... otherwise I'm open to advice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
lowvoltage said:
Im lookin for something that involves flame throwers/electric shock if possible... otherwise I'm open to advice.
i could work 12 hour shifts sitting by your car with a colt AR-15 in my hands and a desert eagle .50 on my side. :bigthumb:

i've been hit a few times and the best thing i can recommend is a make sure you have good-ass insurance. if they want something bad enough, they will get it.
years ago i worked at a stereo shop and had over $10k in audio/video in the car, $5k in wheels, and over 500 cds in the car. i had the best alarm we sold at the time (alpine). it seems they jacked the car up a little, slid under the car and some how cut the wires going to both of the alarm sirens. no sirens = no noise = no alarm. the sirens were mounted at the very top of the firewall on seperate sides of the engine bay. i dunno how they did it :dunno: very professional.
after getting a check from the insurance co. for $1400, i decided to get a better policy. also be sure to check your alarm once a week. stuff like rusty door switches and bad door locks pretty much make an alarm useless.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Compustar alarm.... built in turbo timer... remote start.. and a pager with a 1 mile range for if your alarm goes off..

Mike

·
Sunnyvale resident
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, thanks.. im over the initial anger. just frustrated.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
I'll pm you with my setup....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get Clifford, built in turbo timer, remote start, if alarm goes active (it can call, page, or email). Best of all GPS tracking and remote shutdown!!! Yes that is right. You make one phone call if your car is jacked and the service will shut down your car.

·
Bend Over.
162 Posts
carmel300zx said:
Get Clifford, built in turbo timer, remote start, if alarm goes active (it can call, page, or email). Best of all GPS tracking and remote shutdown!!! Yes that is right. You make one phone call if your car is jacked and the service will shut down your car.

Now that sounds like a plan to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts