Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my friend in England wants me to find him a thingie... hmm... how to describe it...
Well, on the MarkIII's, the air conditioner and heater controls are push button and what not... He said he saw a MarkIII with different controls and an LCD screen that says teh temp...
Have no clue what he is talking bout, but if anyone does, and knows where I can get one, let me know...
Thanks buddy! :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right... so where can I get it so I can ship it to him.... anyone know any US sites where I can type in what I want and they give me a list of scrap yards that have it?

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
check ebay, might get lucky

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you are saying he wouldn't be able to connect it, the USDM one, to his, which is a JDM 1988 2.0 twin turbo?

B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
300zxttChick said:
So you are saying he wouldn't be able to connect it, the USDM one, to his, which is a JDM 1988 2.0 twin turbo?
From what I can remember NO. Wait for one of the more knowledgable guys to respond though to make sure.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
I don't think the "manual" vents are pure electric like the USDM automated electric one, they have little cords attached to the vent controllers, when you move from hot to cold it manually moves the switch that triggers the temp.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
Remeber all these cars came out of Japan , whether they were sent to USA or Europe, only the engine configuration was different.
a completely stupid and ignorant statement.

i just veriifed this, the plugs are totally diff. i highly doubt the actual stepper motor config is the same to.

soooooooooo, they are NOT compatible.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
yeah... I'll post pics tonight of the differences. I have the JDM one here... DrJ has the US spec one.

Here is the JDM one... US Spec coming later...

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
Too bad none came with good old levers and cables. I'd swap one out ina heartbeat. I hate these electronic LCD automatic craps.

Christian

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a JDM Supra in England and mine wasn't digital...
If anyone has a digital JDM one that'd be cool...
If not, my friend is willing to buy a USDM one and jerry rig it, lol...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts