Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm going to check out the big apple for the first time... Any suggestion on night clubs and things to do while I'm there for my Bday?

PS I like house/dance top 40 ect.

Thanks,

·
Registered
580 Posts
yankee stadium if you are a baseball fan, chelsea piers is pretty cool to hang out at, you can check out the seinfeld dinner (forgot the address). I dont know of any clubs because Im underage.

Oh yeah do the usual stuff like times square, stock exchange, and empire state building. :)

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
check out the clubs in the village.......if u wanna come out to the island...we will be glad to show u how the ny supra gang race n have fun.... :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
SupraMan35 said:
yankee stadium if you are a baseball fan, chelsea piers is pretty cool to hang out at, you can check out the seinfeld dinner (forgot the address). I dont know of any clubs because Im underage.

Oh yeah do the usual stuff like times square, stock exchange, and empire state building. :)
Holy shit you sound underage, LOL :p

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
I'll be more than happy to serve as another NY travel guide for a supraforums members again. When are you coming in?

- Anthony

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
when are you coming up? I'll tell you all the good shit going on for that week. I am right in Manhattan too so if Yogi and Ant want to show you good old Long Island know you at least have a Manhattan affiliate to aid your journey. :lol:

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
when are you coming up? I'll tell you all the good shit going on for that week. I am right in Manhattan too so if Yogi and Ant want to show you good old Long Island know you at least have a Manhattan affiliate to aid your journey. :lol:
Wob, I probably know manhattan better than you anyway. Just because you live somewhere, doesn't make you the Davey Crockett of the land. :)

I'll be in the city Friday night actually. A co-worker got tickets to see Ivy (if you ever heard of them) at the Bowery Ballroom.

·
6,137 Posts
what do u know? where the L.I.E. heads toward the city :lol: And I'm not Davey Crockett, I am the resident rock star... I have no maps, only places to abandon soberity. and either way - I'm just busting your balls big sexy.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
what do u know? where the L.I.E. heads toward the city :lol: And I'm not Davey Crockett, I am the resident rock star... I have no maps, only places to abandon soberity. and either way - I'm just busting your balls big sexy.
I would love to abandon soberity again. Last night was 3 weeks that I haven't had a drink. My brithday is coming up (05/05/05) so I have to go nutty on that date. Definately going into the city for this occassions, maybe we'll finally be able to grab a drink together. And don't you mean "I'm just busting your big balls, sexy"? :)

·
6,137 Posts
no, your new name is Big Sexy. no comma necessary.

yeah Cinco De Mayo is a great day to party it up - as usual - let me know... im down.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
no, your new name is Big Sexy. no comma necessary.

yeah Cinco De Mayo is a great day to party it up - as usual - let me know... im down.
Not only is cinco de mayo my birthday, this year it's also 05/05/05. I'm getting nutty with the Corona's and 151°. I'll probably be heading in that Thursday (May 5th) ~8:00ish. I'm going to need 2 days of recovery after that night.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys thanks for the generous offers.

I'm comming down tomarrow (thursday 21st) Just trying to arrange a hotel....

If your up for partying thow me some digits and we'll hook up! Thanks again guys!

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
ZaZZn said:
Hey guys thanks for the generous offers.

I'm comming down tomarrow (thursday 21st) Just trying to arrange a hotel....

If your up for partying thow me some digits and we'll hook up! Thanks again guys!

I would recommend the HoJo in Times Square. Jason (Phyte) came down a little over a year ago (with his lovely wife) and he stayed there for like $99 a night. I take it you want to stay IN the city, right?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Catch the Yankee Clipper from Pier 21 to a Yankees game. You get to see the Manhattan skyline, catch the game (don't forget to get a hot dog at Yankee Stadium - the best hot dogs in the world) and then catch the Manhattan skyline at night on the way back. If you're legal, they serve alcohol on the Clipper. While you're there waiting for the Clipper have lunch at one of the restaurants onthe second floor. Great view with the Brooklyn Bridge as a backdrop.

If you're into steaks, try the Kobe at Uncle Jacks. Expensive, but the Japanese Kobe strip is about as tender as an Angus filet but with more flavor. Had the chance to experience the Kobe last year at Uncle Jack's in Manhattan.. Incredible! Reservations recommended. The staff is top notch! By luck, my friend and I had the entire 2nd floor to ourselves for about an hour or so. If you're going to do a great steak once in your life, go to Uncle Jack's and order the Kobe. :bigthumb:

If you have a sweet tooth and want to check out Little Italy, try Sambuca's. They have a White Chocolate Chocolate Mousse Cake that is rich or a Tiramasu drenched in Amoreto. There are other great pastry shops there that can spoil a dinner.

Of course, you have to get a view of Manhattan from the Empire State building. Which tourist hasn't done this.

Times Sq. Definitely. During the day as well as at night. You may see a celebrity being filmed or interviewed.

There are plenty of other things to see and do which I'm sure Anthony can tell you more.

Regards,
James R

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just bought tickets to the Yankees vs. Red Sox game on 9/10 and the Giants home opener on 9/11. So hopefully I can meet some of you guys then. IF your yankee fans. Im so amped I havent been to the city since my brother moved back home. But my X still lingers there. In Chelsia.

·
6,137 Posts
HoJo for budget. The "W" for mid/nice. I have always been happy with them.

I am free thursday and friday so fell free to hit a playa playa up - I pm'ed you my number.

Clubs? - Ruby Falls Thursday nights are pretty good, just make sure you have some vagina with you or they will never let you in. Sander Kleinenberg is spinning @ Crobar Saturday night and the after hours will be Victor Calderone. Jonathon Peters is hosting an Voyeur S&M party @ Roxy Saturday too - Roxy caters to a gay crowd a lot, but JP will be bring in a TONNNNN of people gay and straight. Suede has some good Sunday parties. Quo is a good party on Saturday with a somewhat less pretensious crowd.

If your looking for somethign more housey, try some places down the Meat Packing district - Rhone - nice fun place and you can smoke inside after like 12 ( a no-no in NYC ) PM is a good time too but a hard door sometimes.

If your bring a girl in - try BED and Duvet - both lounge/bar/restaurants that are made of giant beds - fun with girls, not so much with your buddies Razor and Shemp who are looking for hookers.

i can keep going if you want :lol:....

Fuck the Empire State Building tours and shit - you really want to have fun in NYC head to all the places new yorkers go, not the tourist spots... check out SoHo - great shopping - great vibe, go eat at the restuarant that sevres all varitions of PB&J... there is a ton of fun shit to do in the city.

Check out newyork.citysearch.com for good restaurant reviews and such, www.clubplanet.com and www.nightclubsnyc.com for this weeks bigger parties.

how long are staying for? as the week progresses I'll know whats going on...

Rob

·
6,137 Posts
Supra GTR said:
If you're into steaks, try the Kobe at Uncle Jacks. Expensive, but the Japanese Kobe strip is about as tender as an Angus filet but with more flavor. Had the chance to experience the Kobe last year at Uncle Jack's in Manhattan..
Best steak in the city is nt at Uncle Jacks or Smith and Wollensky. Its Peter Luger in Brooklyn. $$$$ but comparitive to an orgasm.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
Best steak in the city is nt at Uncle Jacks or Smith and Wollensky. Its Peter Luger in Brooklyn. $$$$ but comparitive to an orgasm.

Well I think I found a new steak joint to try. Cash only ey?

I wanted Japanese Kobe so I went to Uncle Jacks. Their filet wasn't bad. (But I'm not a filet lover.) Uncle Jack's is the only steakhouse in NYC that serves Kobe 7-days a week.

Will have to try Peter Luger the next time I'm in NYC and then go back to Uncle Jack's for more Japanese Kobe.

Regards,
James R

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Supra GTR said:
Will have to try Peter Luger the next time I'm in NYC
Bring your wallet. Also make sure to have a credit card handy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts