Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the boyfriend are going to Chicago to pick up a car (FYRARMS's MKIV :yum: ) on Memorial Day weekend and it'll be our first time visiting. Wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what area to stay at, places to see, where to eat...Really wanted to take one of those bicycle tours downtown lol. I'm trying to convince him to stay the whole weekend and then we can make the drive back to Georgia on Monday. Freakin excited for the trip and the car!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS :biggrin:

· Welp. *shrug*
2,148 Posts
Depends on where you want to stay (Downtown Chicago Loop area or surrounding suburbs, which would be a ton cheaper)

If you want to do a bicycle tour, that is always available for you.

Buckingham Fountain is turned back on so that is a sight you could always see.

Any place in Millennium Park is an option also, you could grab some deep dish pizza from Uno's Pizzeria while down there also!

Two museums with a couple of decent exhibits going on also, as well as going to the Sears Tower.

If you want a good time going to bars and whatnot, Wrigleyville is a good place to go and have a good time. There is a ton to do in Chicago.

The suburbs are pretty decent in the daytime, you could head to Schaumburg (About 20-30 minute drive from the loop) and go to Woodfield Mall, Gameworks and minutes from that location is a Dave and Busters (with one located downtown also)

Did you have something specific in mind?

I could take you both to get some Harold's Chicken!

Haha, but seriously, let me know what you two would like to see and I can help you out in anyway possible.

-Adrian

· VPC Power
2,630 Posts
That's not cool. You can't introduce people to Harold's that live out of town. How could they get their fix? Then again I think there's one in ATL.

· Welp. *shrug*
2,148 Posts
That's not cool. You can't introduce people to Harold's that live out of town. How could they get their fix? Then again I think there's one in ATL.
They then have the ability and skill to find comparable places around them then, that they probably didn't know existed, just helping out their senses.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL that great huh? We haven't made any reservations anywhere to stay but I was thinking about somewhere near the suburbs but not too far from the loop. Really trying to keep the trip as low budget as possible if you know what I mean. Not too concerned about night life/bars and clubs since we're still underage :sad:

I just wanna get as much in as possible while we're there since I don't know when we'll ever get the chance to visit again any time soon.

· Welp. *shrug*
2,148 Posts
LOL that great huh? We haven't made any reservations anywhere to stay but I was thinking about somewhere near the suburbs but not too far from the loop. Really trying to keep the trip as low budget as possible if you know what I mean. Not too concerned about night life/bars and clubs since we're still underage :sad:

I just wanna get as much in as possible while we're there since I don't know when we'll ever get the chance to visit again any time soon.
Let me know what suburb you'll be in and I can definitely help you out.

But yeah, some sights you want to see that are nice to go to and free to check out:

Millenium Park
Lincoln Park Zoo
Buckingham Fountain
Navy Pier
Try some famous Chicago food (depending on what you want to eat, Chinatown, Greektown, etc. etc.)

That's all I can think of now, I need to be productive in class, hahaha.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Signature Room to eat. Walk down michigan ave down the mag mile.
I'm googling all of this as I'm reading lol..The restaurant looks high class yet affordable. Will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks!

How do you think I came across Piccadilly's in Georgia? My senses from good buffet's up here......specifically the good OCB's in the area.
Piccadilly's isn't one of my favorite but next time you visit you should hit up Old Country Buffet.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Food: the Weiner Circle on (I think it's Clark?). Best Chicago-style hot dogs in the city (that I've had). Get it drug through the garden, you won't regret it

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.