Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as the title says, im taking my intake manifold off after i noticed that the gasket has a hole in it and is causing my idle problems. What other things should i/ can i do while i have that all apart? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I am gonna install my FFIM in a couple of weeks, but I plan to change all accessible gaskets from that side... Like the EGR & valve cover gaskets and any vacuum lines that run underneath.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
word on the knock sensors. even if they look good it wouldnt help to get it replaced (both the sensors and the wiring)

also, put new gaskets on the manifold. bad intake mani gaskets can lead to shitty performance and gas milage.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Polish the intake manifold and make it SHINY!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
install some direct port nitrous jets?

·
Registered
601 Posts
something simple yet smart would be to check any and all electrical/vac lines and make sure they are ok. No burn marks, pinned back and away from any danger, etc....

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
better yet, cap them all off. but you have to reroute the one from the block to something else, cant remember. less hoses, less problems.
i capped the one for the isc or something, cant remember. i got 2 hoses left.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ ?? i have never heard of any one doing that

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
ISC and TB coolant hoses are only for warmup in cold climates (emissions). Since there is no standard for "having coolant lines attached", even in evil Cali, people decide to remove them so there's less heat in the intact tract (of course, without a FFIM, it's wasted heh).

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
ahh, i see. thanks for clearing that up!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I pulled my hoses off the TB and ISC last fall... drove the car through the winter (it got C O L D) and I did not have ANY issues at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
why not do a little port and polish on the manifold? Smoother air flow is always a good thing!....Also i am doint a build of my 7M and just purchased the new knock sensors...how much more are the wires?

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Shlongor said:
ISC and TB coolant hoses are only for warmup in cold climates (emissions). Since there is no standard for "having coolant lines attached", even in evil Cali, people decide to remove them so there's less heat in the intact tract (of course, without a FFIM, it's wasted heh).

Incorrect.

It is to prevent icing and the throttle sticking open in humid freezing climates. If you drive your car in the winter, I would leave them.

·
90T
460 Posts
That is true, the coolant has no effect on emissions. The icing can occur well above freezing if the humidity is high (due to the drop in pressure past the ISC pintle valve and throttle plate). I don't see any value in rerouting those hoses. Based on my experience, they last at least 16 years, so just replace them every 16 years and you will be fine.

aljordan said:
Incorrect.

It is to prevent icing and the throttle sticking open in humid freezing climates. If you drive your car in the winter, I would leave them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts