Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a tech guy i know look at my car last night and these are the error codes he got from my car,

11, 12, 13, 14, 21, 22, 24, 31, 32, 34, 41, 42, 43, 51, 52, 53, and 99

And the comp would not erase the codes.. Also he checked all of the wires in my car and they where all fine. Anyone think i need a new comp? 11 - interuption of curcuit to ECU, 99 continuis flash - no codes present

He said to change the comp and see what happens but to clear it first be for i run it

Ill post what the others mean later

88 turbo supra

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
if you pull the efi fuse for a few min then replace, what happens? no stored codes? all those codes again?

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep.. i pulled the fuse with the key in the ignition and without, and still codes

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Whoa, I think that's a record :1poke:

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Cool FUCKING BEANS!! im braking records before i even have it running... think of how meny i'll brake "if" i ever get it running HA HA HA HA

11 - interuption of curcuit to ECU
12 - no RPM signal to ECU while cranks
13 - RPM signal circuit open or short
14 - no ingnition refernce signed
21 - oxygen sensor circuit problem
22 - coolent temp circuit open or short
24 - air temp sensor ckt open or short
31 - airflow meter circuit open or short
32 - altitude cmpensation ckt problem
34 - airflowmeter or turbo problem
41 - throttle position sensor or circuit
42 - vehicle speed sensor or circuit
43 - starter signel circuit open
51 - TPS idle switch contacts open
52 - knocksensor circuit open or short
53 - knock control computer problem
99 - continuous flash - no codes present

Im sure its just the comp.. but you do you think? the car was running just this year. Should i replace both comps?

FYI if you got an extra one for a 88 ABS tems turbo 5sp... give me a PM

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
did you get all of those at once or got (i think every code in existence) in one hit, then clear the codes then get 99?

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
i think its your wiring harness... but thats me... wiring can look fine on the outside... but did you use a ammeter to check the wires???... o well... replacing the ecu is easier anyways... but if it doesnt work... then youve got a big problem on your hands

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
11 - interuption of curcuit to ECU
12 - no RPM signal to ECU while cranks

thos two right there are the first dominos that give you the rest

sounds like your harness is fubared as the ECU is still recieving power ;)

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes all the wires where cheacked for conductivity and cheacked out fine, He said the wiring harness "seamed" just fine and to replace the comp and cheack the cam sensor and crack sensor. But even if i disconect the battery for a day it reads out the same codes, im already looking for a new comp.. thx for your thoughts

Know where i can get a new harness if replacing the comp does not work?

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Curt Aigner at Elhurt toyota in IL

Jeff Watson @ Champion Toyota in TX

both are sponsors in this forum.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Have you tried removing the ecu ? And by that i mean, did you reconnect it properly ? 'cause i have this strange feeling that you forgot a big yellow plug :stickpoke:

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
C44 said:
Have you tried removing the ecu ? And by that i mean, did you reconnect it properly ? 'cause i have this strange feeling that you forgot a big yellow plug :stickpoke:
oh dear,

I hope that is not the case. As power for the ECU is on that yellow plug and it would not even power on.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
C44 said:
:stupid:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
figgie said:
oh dear,

I hope that is not the case. As power for the ECU is on that yellow plug and it would not even power on.
There are 3 yellow plugs on that ecu, and it's very well possible that the diagnostic part get's power and send "codes" over one of the other two connectors

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven’t touched it, but I will now!! thx C44 good idea

you are so smrt... LOL

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
damn that is alot of codes. :p

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm putting my money on the wiring harness however taking cost into consideration, try the ecu first but damn dude i'm curious as to how many codes you didn't get.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
WTF did you do...?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts