Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Where does it end?
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very clean 89 turbo supra and a 94 us spec 2jzgte with complete harness and 6spd computer. I have everything to do the swap but my gauges and a boost controller. Other than that, I guess I need to spend only 1500 more dollars to get it put in, but I don't think I want to do it anymore because I know it's not going to end there. I'm going to want a big single the(3800) then fuel system(1900) and then whatever else comes up. I even have a Precision intercooler that is good for 700hp new. I'm so close but so far from finishing.
I thought once I got the motor which was the biggest money purchase that the rest would be nothing. RIGHT. anyways that's where I'm at.

Mark

·
Registered
358 Posts
2jzwhy?

Why did you waist your money.You could have had a 700hp 1jz by now.1jz is a straight swap.You can get just as much out of a 1jz plus the super high redline.But i guess it's to late.You've gone this far why not finish,boost monster!

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
just stay on top of it bro, if i where you id leave it with the twin setup until you get enough to go single and do all your fuel.
A stock 2j is enought to take out just about most things on the street. pluse add a boost controller and you can get up to 400 rwhp just on that i belive.
But you dont want to start out with a lot of power youll kill yourself. start out small and then work your way up its just like weight lifting.

·
Where does it end?
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's just frustrating

I didn't do a 1j because I figured go all the way, but now I'm just wanting to hurry up and finish it but the money doesn't come fast enough. What i was saying about upgrading the turbo and fuel it because we all now that we can't just stay stock, always want more. I was going to keep it as a twin for a good while but I know I would want more. I was just going to do the true twin mod.

·
Banned
664 Posts
i was having the same problems with my 1jz. I didnt want to put a stock 1jz in my car. I wanted a built 2jz btm end, a single or twin turbo kit, fuel, and AEM. Then I decided just to put the stock 1jz in my car and slowly build a 2jz btm end and slowly buy everything else that I wanted.

Just a thought man. If you have come this far with it, dont give up now. You will always kick yourself and think.......Man, I wish I had not been impatient and just went ahead and finished my swap.

Ben

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
yeah i would just finish it, looks like a big mess now but once you get started and goin it wont be so bad.

Right before we started the wiring for the 1J i had that same feeling. Ended up finishing the swap in 4 days but then again you have a 2J which will be abit more complicated.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
finish it.... lot's more inexpensive options for going single, are being presented. I am evaluating on of those Ebay single kits not and will get a knock off Veilside intake, when they start to come around. Not as expensive as you think....

AND, I have a few friends on stock twins who are "afraid" of going for more... they are that impressed on their stock twins....

G

·
mrsuprafreak said:
Thanx, believe it or not my wife says that I need to finish it also.
sounds like a keeper

also, a BPU us spec 2jz is a badass engine, easily over 400rwhp

there was some guy who put down over 500rwhp on the stock turbos, no need for a big single yet...

·
Akai Suisei - &#36196;&#12356;&#24407;&#26143;
10,376 Posts
NeverNZ said:
sounds like a keeper

also, a BPU us spec 2jz is a badass engine, easily over 400rwhp

there was some guy who put down over 500rwhp on the stock turbos, no need for a big single yet...
yeah, but id rather run 500 on a smaller single than 500 on stock twins. pushing them that far.. they're going to go poo poo.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
mrsuprafreak said:
Thanx, believe it or not my wife says that I need to finish it also.

that's all the support you need...

After a few frustrations w/the 1JZ swap, my GF asked me why I was wasting my time with it anyways, since she knew I eventually wanted a 2JZ. Then, she says... go get you a 2JZ and just be done with it! Who am I to argue :bigthumb:

The stock twins are plenty fun and you'll not blow them if you keep within their "documented" limits. When the time comes, you can fix/replace them and/or go single. I got the oppty to go single and the GF says... why not, it's what you eventually wanted... who am I to argue :dunno:

MANY,MANY, 2JZs out there with LOTS of miles and still on stock twins... they are fun enuff. Get the dang engine in the car and then decide....

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
dont give up... you will probably have better luck than i did... I tried doing all of my upgrades at once ... it took a toll on the wallet.. and because it took a toll on the wallet... the parents got impatient... the money just dint come in fast enuf... they want the car out of the garage... and im also tired of not having a supra to drive... keep on goin man

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
You've got us for the support....as in support in believing you can do it. I don't know if there's alot of information about wiring it in.

Since you're this far, go ahead and finish the race. You'll have enough fun with the stock twins. I have stock JZ twins in my car, and it's fine.

-Joseph

·
Where does it end?
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
supoort

Thanx everybody for the support. I look at what everyone has to say and it makes me think finish it. Thanx again.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
you get it in and running and you'll have a smile from ear to ear when that old car is so far ahead of that srt4,sti,and evo that you can't see them in your rear veiw mirror.
keith

1 - 16 of 16 Posts