Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at moving to Arizona, specifically somewhere in the suburbs of Phoenix. I only really know like 2 people down there, so I was wondering if someone familiar with the area could give me a bit of help.

I'm looking for a place to live but it seems like what I am looking for is apparently impossible to find. I'm looking to rent, but NOT in an apartment complex which seems to be all they have down there for under $1200/mo. I rent a duplex up here now for $650/mo, and I just want to find something similar. A 1 or 2 unit HOUSE, not a multi-unit complex, in an area I dont have to worry about crime (to a reasonable degree).

Being that I live in rural WI I know it won't be nearly as 'secluded' as it is here, but the whole state can't be a festering shit hole like these rental websites make it out to be. Every place I've found so far that has looked quasi-tolerable, I read comments like "is filled with cockroaches, has scorpions, my car gets vandalized, the management screws everyone over, etc..."

So I guess what I am looking for is a decent little 1-2 unit house, in a quieter suburb near (<45min from) Phoenix, that does not cost an arm and a leg. Also, any info/tips/etc would be appreciated.

I've been down there a few times visiting (to Tempe, Mesa) and nothing I saw there looked too great. I am coming down for a week in the middle of March to check out some apartments seriously and look for some jobs, so I need as much info as I can get by then because this will be my primary deciding factor in moving.

Thank you for having the patience to read all that, I appreciate the help!! :)

-Ken

ps- sorry to vent, I've been staring at this damn monitor for hours searching and it's pissin' me off ;)

·
Fineline Performance
787 Posts
Well the market here is so bad you can buy a 1500 to 2000 sq ft home for less then 150K....

I live in Goodyear! I love it, I also own a few house in Phoenix. Goodyear is about 15ims west, but IMO its a lot better area. I mean A LOT better.... There are tons of city's to choose from but I ll always be a westsider for life!!! lol...

Do a yahoo search and you ll find tons of available house....

GL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts