Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay.. well I'm a little bored of my car and I just purchased an FX35. So I've got a nice daily driver now.. I'm thinking about trading my lease in at a local chevy dealership and buying an 03/04 Z06. The dealership is telling me basicly if my cars value is above the pay off I'm good. Any sales people that can give me any advice so I know what to expect any tricks they'll try to pull on me? Also what does everyone think about my decision? :sadance:

·
turbo interceptor
351 Posts
PaKmaN said:
Okay.. well I'm a little bored of my car and I just purchased an FX35. So I've got a nice daily driver now.. I'm thinking about trading my lease in at a local chevy dealership and buying an 03/04 Z06. The dealership is telling me basicly if my cars value is above the pay off I'm good. Any sales people that can give me any advice so I know what to expect any tricks they'll try to pull on me? Also what does everyone think about my decision? :sadance:
Not trying to hijack but does a G35 get boring that quick?

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
300hp/260tq gets boring very quickly when all your friends drive fast cars evo's, cobra's n shit.

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
780 Posts
modfiy the G35 then....

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
PaKmaN said:
Okay.. well I'm a little bored of the car my parents bought me and my parents just purchased an FX35. So I've got a nice daily driver now.. I'm thinking about asking my parents if I can trade in my lease in at a local chevy dealership and buying an 03/04 Z06. The dealership is telling me basicly if my cars value is above the pay off I'm good. Any sales people that can give me any advice so I know what to expect any tricks they'll try to pull on me? Also what does everyone think about my decision? :sadance:
Fixed :bigthumb:

·
Registered
648 Posts
talltrini10 said:
Fixed :bigthumb:
exactly what i was thinking.... where is this money coming from that you can afford 900 dollars worth of car payments plus probably another 200 insurance, maintenance, expensive ass gas, etc.?

·
Banned
497 Posts
Why does it matter who bought the car, the kid asked a simple question...

I'd go w/ the Z06 hands down, excellent platform to start with. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
trade in your lease? do you understand the concept of a "lease"? :lol:

anyway... if someone wants to buy you a z06.. let them. its better than the G for sure.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Shant, where the hell do you get all your money from? Is it really your parents or do you have a source of income, if it's income screw being fast and sell the FX and put a downpayment towards a good house. You don't need to "one up" your friends in the world of speed.... especialyl when they only have evo's and cobras, something a turbo hatch could beat. Just drive the G35 like a luxury car is supose to be drivin, don't worry about being fast.

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
How long have you had the G? How many miles? You will probably get boned out of some money. It may be $2k, or 8k. Getting out of a lease before the term is up usually sucks...and ends up in a few thousand dollar penalty. AMHIK :(

Fortunately, the G coupe holds its value rather well, and you havent had it too long...

·
Registered
17 Posts
aNskY said:
trade in your lease? do you understand the concept of a "lease"? :lol:

anyway... if someone wants to buy you a z06.. let them. its better than the G for sure.
You can trade in your car even if it is "leased". Its not a big deal and you break even if your good at negociating :ugh2:

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
PaKmaN said:
The dealership is telling me basicly if my cars value is above the pay off I'm good. Any sales people that can give me any advice so I know what to expect any tricks they'll try to pull on me?
There is no trick.

1. Call NIMAC (Nissan Infiniti Motors ACceptance) or whatever name they are using now with your account number or your (dad's) social security number and get your payoff. 1-800-274-6622

2. Go to CARMAX for a free appraisal to find out what they'll buy your car for without you buying anything from them. Expect other dealers trade appraisals to be + or - ~$2000 of this.

3. Subtract what you owe from what the car is worth traded, more then likely you will come up with a negative number, as in the car will be worth less then what you owe. Compare this difference with the sum of your remaining payments.

4. Find out what people are willing to buy your car for if you retail it yourself.

5. You will probably end up having to roll some negative equity in on top of your loan for the Vette, unless you put that amount down as cash. Its easier to roll negative equity in on new cars then used. Do not confuse actual cash value with trade allowance, because new car dealers may add factory incentives to trades to inflate their values.

·
Champagne Papi
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GPTourer said:
There is no trick.

1. Call NIMAC (Nissan Infiniti Motors ACceptance) or whatever name they are using now with your account number or your (dad's) social security number and get your payoff. 1-800-274-6622

2. Go to CARMAX for a free appraisal to find out what they'll buy your car for without you buying anything from them. Expect other dealers trade appraisals to be + or - ~$2000 of this.

3. Subtract what you owe from what the car is worth traded, more then likely you will come up with a negative number, as in the car will be worth less then what you owe. Compare this difference with the sum of your remaining payments.

4. Find out what people are willing to buy your car for if you retail it yourself.

5. You will probably end up having to roll some negative equity in on top of your loan for the Vette, unless you put that amount down as cash. Its easier to roll negative equity in on new cars then used. Do not confuse actual cash value with trade allowance, because new car dealers may add factory incentives to trades to inflate their values.
Ya i'm already well aware of how it works now. I called up the gentlemen I leased my G35 and bought the FX35 from. He's an awesome guy and gives me great deals. Everyone including the sales men is amazed at how well my credit. There are three factors to my credit being so well I believe it's because a) i pay all my bills before the due date. b) All my credit cards togeather have a $5k limit which is insane for an 18 year old. c) I work at b of a which shows that i'm well aware of the financial industry and is a +. Also I'm a new grad so thats another bonus.

and for the haters, i told you guys the G35 wasn't under my name.. the FX35 is a purchase under my name. I'm not trying to impress anyone here.. no point in lieing. Please keep your comments to yourself or pm me if you've got something to say as I'm trying to get answers from this thread.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
Dave Capone said:
Yes, which is why I picked up a supra turbo :bigthumb:

Dave? I thought the plan was to use the $ from selling your G to put a GTE in the QS car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts