Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking long and hard the other day about all the things I want to do to the car...NA-T, color swap, new brakes, etc. and it hit me...maybe I should just sell it and wait for a nice 6spd. to come along...save my monthly note and be ahead of the game. I wouldn't have to sweat reliability of a NA-T kit.

Anybody think I could get $23k or ^ for a 21,000 original mile 5spd, WITH a $5k sound system (DVD player w/screen, 3amps pushing 1000 watts, 2 JL 10's, etc) ?!

....AND really good paint:)

BTW, paid $23 for the car itself before the $5k system in the last year...

·
11,217 Posts
The sound system really has no resell value. I doubt you'll be able to get 23+ for it, even if it does have 21k miles. In the end, people will still say it's an NA.

I would suggest just keeping the car and building up on it. You work hard on your car, no need to sell it when you can build on an existing one.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Just be firm with your price. Us Supra owners control the market and I refuse to sell Supras for cheap anymore. I still sell them at higher price and maybe it'll inspire others and eventually move the market up. Very small market to begin with.

Forza,
Kevin

·
11,217 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Just be firm with your price. Us Supra owners control the market and I refuse to sell Supras for cheap anymore. I still sell them at higher price and maybe it'll inspire others and eventually move the market up. Very small market to begin with.

Forza,
Kevin

+1 for you. I say we Supra owners play monopoly on the Supras. When I bought my Supra, the market was demanding, now I can find the same Supra/setup for a lot less.

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
I don't know about 23K? I paid 21K for mine and it had 14,000 miles. Granted, it is an auto though. Anyways, good luck with whatever u decide 2 do.

Greg

·
Registered
312 Posts
damnz...was considering the same thing ...but I found a sweet deal
found a totaled supra for for 5,000 with everythin except 6sp trans ecu and driveshaft
intercooler...
Im about 6 grand into swapping doing all the work myself..
I guess...it all depends on how much you love your car...
I lost count how much I spent...
market is growing smaller each year..
demand getting higher...
keep...it...
NA-T...is up to u
I decided to go 2jzgte..
good luck

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
Dude, keep your car.... If anything, just keep your NA while saving up for TT to mod, and use it as a daily driver later on...

whatever you do.... DONT SELL YOUR SUPRA.

If you do, we run the risk of some loser ass ricer buying it and joining the SF :bigthumb:

·
M3 Killer!!!!
313 Posts
counselo1 said:
Was thinking long and hard the other day about all the things I want to do to the car...NA-T, color swap, new brakes, etc. and it hit me...maybe I should just sell it and wait for a nice 6spd. to come along...save my monthly note and be ahead of the game. I wouldn't have to sweat reliability of a NA-T kit.

Anybody think I could get $23k or ^ for a 21,000 original mile 5spd, WITH a $5k sound system (DVD player w/screen, 3amps pushing 1000 watts, 2 JL 10's, etc) ?!

....AND really good paint:)

BTW, paid $23 for the car itself before the $5k system in the last year...

DO NOT SELL YOUR CAR

I almost made that mistake. Bro, spend $4500 and put a BL kit on it as a daily driver, and save for the big TT and make that a track car. Now you have the best of both worlds, not mention you own 2 FUCKING PIMPED OUT SUPRAS!!! Dont sell your baby!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts