Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gonna keep the dog mods please delete thanks everyone for opinions

· Registered
571 Posts
A Supra is more rare to see than a SC300 be it turbo or not. I'd say keep the Supra and save up to boost it. I've had my NA auto for 7 years now and i'm just getting around to collecting my NA-T parts. Just my .02 it all boils down to what YOU want:cool:

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
You are worried about the W58 and that car has a R154 1JZ... I wouldn't bother personally.

My car had a W58 at one point. Now its a 100% swap. Patience!!!!

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the 154s hold up to 700-800hp...im gonna check out the car tommorow im not going into it thinking trade but i just wanna see. All my buddies are tellin me no way

· MK4 of Them
2,266 Posts
r154's are good tranny's. they can hold some power upwards of near 6-700hp from what I've heard. But as far as your dilemma, the SC looks clean and realistically it IS a pretty decent trade if your car is an NA. But at the end of the day, you have an MKIV and like the others said, some time and patience you could have a beast as well.

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who said my car was na. It says keep bpu in poll title... Lol

· Registered
571 Posts
Who said my car was na. It says keep bpu in poll title... Lol[/QUOTE

We're not used to hearing the term BPU used in conjunction with a 5 speed.

· ESE CULO
5,531 Posts
Nah, it's tempting I'm sure. But I wouldn't do it myself personally. I'd rather have both but not be Supra less. Now if you didn't have a Supra and were looking to buy something, that SC looks nice and has some goodies. But I wouldn't trade for a sc300, just seems like a step sideways imo in the long run.

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now he wants to add a 2000 infinity for a daily to the mix. I saw the car today sounded good but the whole time people were crowding around the supra and saying nice car and shit.I donno i need a daily beater im stuck. When i was riding on the way there with the ac in the 105 degree heat it rode like a champ. Im lost what to do what to do.

has a trd diff +1

· I Solve Problems
7,261 Posts
A 2000 Infiniti what? If he is throwing in another good vehcicle worth something then do the deal. Need more details on the infiniti though.
now he wants to add a 2000 infinity for a daily to the mix. I saw the car today sounded good but the whole time people were crowding around the supra and saying nice car and shit.I donno i need a daily beater im stuck. When i was riding on the way there with the ac in the 105 degree heat it rode like a champ. Im lost what to do what to do.

has a trd diff +1

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea said he would add in a 2000 5 speed fresh painted infinity.I just moved so i got 2 much shit going on i need a car for job interviews and i told him another time..

· Registered
309 Posts
Well patience is a good thing I have a NA 5 speed and It is a NA-T And It was holding up stronge with the 5 speed. I am about to push the limits of the W58 because my car is down for a big motor build. Doing everything on the engine will be 1000hp internals on it. The car with just a stand turbo kit on it is really stronge i loved it a lot. I say stay with the supra for the fact its really rare and the respect ppl give you when you drive is crazy to!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.