Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
KCCO
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I don't know if any of you remember but I had an r6 that I did a thread on, stripped it down and painted it and posted pics, wasn't that bad. Well that bike is long gone and I've moved to Florida since then. Recently started working at a Harley Davidson and we have an old bobber there in the back and I got to thinking of an interesting custom build.

I'd like to get a 600cc engine, from an r6 or so and throw it on there. Stretch the rear about 6 inches or so and go with a overall flat black look, Have a tbar setup with a single headlight, the overall goal is to add the new technology to the old school bobber look with a good deal of performance.

I can't draw worth a damn so I can't even put down a picture of what it would look like, but I just wanted to get some input. My main worry is that a 600cc engine might be too big for the frame of a old bobber style setup.

Thoughts....?

maybe something like this with a bit of a stretch and fat tire. Not exactly what im thinking but gets the point across

·
Registered
81 Posts
Working with numerous gixxers and old shovels and pans, I dont think fitting a 600cc engine will be a problem. The worst part will be motor mount fab.

·
KCCO
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working with numerous gixxers and old shovels and pans, I dont think fitting a 600cc engine will be a problem. The worst part will be motor mount fab.
Have you ever done anything or seen anything like that done before? Id really like to get a sketch down but like i said, i cant draw worth shit. The suspension is an interesting part, the ride will be very tough if i just stick with the bobber style spring seat.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Have you ever done anything or seen anything like that done before? Id really like to get a sketch down but like i said, i cant draw worth shit. The suspension is an interesting part, the ride will be very tough if i just stick with the bobber style spring seat.
I used to sell Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki. Had a ZX6RR and gen 4 ZX10. Never seen a custom buil with these two elements but I think it would be cool. I don't think there would be too many issues using a sport bike motor on a cruiser frame. But I don't think many custom bike builds are going to be comfortable.

·
KCCO
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I used to sell Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki. Had a ZX6RR and gen 4 ZX10. Never seen a custom buil with these two elements but I think it would be cool. I don't think there would be too many issues using a sport bike motor on a cruiser frame. But I don't think many custom bike builds are going to be comfortable.
as much searching ive done i havent found what i am thinking of trying to do. I need someone with some artistic skills to get me a rough draft. I think it would look insane with a 6 inch stretch and about a 240 in the rear, maybe a single swing arm style one. The Harley i have at my work is the perfect starting point, i will have to see what i can do to get that price down.

I wonder how many Harley guys will hate me

Just came to me....i wonder what it would be like to put a buel motor on this..

another example
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/buell-street-fighter-chopper-profile-1.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts