Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im thinking of getting a Supra i seen for sale on here..Its a 94, but the problem is, is that the car has a salvage title i believe. A buddy of mine ran the carfax for me(he works at a dealership) and thats what a buddy of told me. here is the deal we were going to do my 122K mile Camaro SS, plus $9000 for the supra. My buddy told me to offer him a straight up trade. I have ALOT of mods done, and a $4000 tranny just installed in the car. So should i offer this guy just a straight up trade? How bad is a salvage title? Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks
JacobK

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Depends why the car was declared a salvage. If it was from an accident, then it could of been repaired correctly or not... If its from flood damage run the other way and don't look back. If its from being a theft recovery then scoop it up, those are the best ones. Car is considered a total loss once its missing for 30+ days by most insurance companies standards. Find out why it was salvaged. As for a Camaro straight up deal, thats unlikely to happen.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I think it may be easier to just sell your camaro as i think you would get more money out of it that way. Its a nice lookin camaro and it seems like you have invested some time into it. Then purchase what car you want.

Alex

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thats what i thought

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
well how much is the car in question? A lot of the time you may be able to find a non salvaged car for almost the same price. you have any problems going out of state to get get a car?

Alex

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the car i was trying to get was sold alreadu it was the Alpine Silver car in the classifieds, it was the NH94BPU was selling..But i guess he already sold it. He was asking $18,500 for it. I have no problem going out of state to buy the car at all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya..i mean im really picky though, and really the only reason i was going to do it was cause he was interested in trading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts