Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on Ebay. 1998 Red 6 speed targa Twin Turbo Supra. Has 88k miles on it with brand new paint job. For sale in BainBridge Island. Anyones on the site. Noticed a few errors in the description from the pictures. Seems like an awesome deal my dad was looking at it. I would almost consider buying it myself

Ebay auction

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,490 Posts
somone selling it for $17K..a 98? Sounds fishy.

D

·
0 Posts
The description says Auto near all the title BS, but the picture shows a manual? Also the description made by the seller says 6-Speed....hmmmm....Something not right there.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
looks like they just made an honest mistake on that one part. The price will go up to what it's worth by end of auction.

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i was thinking with th eror on the six speed automatic part. Then at the bottom he said he would have sold it for 17k. Then someone bid it up higher. He also has sold 39 items which is decent and has great feedback

·
Registered
218 Posts
Red_Fire said:
He also has sold 39 items which is decent and has great feedback
Look again. All his feedback are from purchases.

M

·
0 Posts
e-mail the seller and tell them you want to come and check it out yourself.

-Dave

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've seen THIS Supra countless times on autotrader.com under DIFFERENT names. This may be the real owner but it's HIGHLY unlikely. And as far as far as the persons rating goes, IT'S NOT HIS!! These scammers get a hold of other people's ebay accounts and then use their names and profile to scam people. So when you look up their profile and history it is for sure legit, but it's one that they stole from the real user.

One of the guys at my work actually knew someone who did this a WHILE ago, and told me how he "worked" ebay. He woul steal other people's ID and then scam ebayers for thousands (he lived of the $ he made scamming from ebay for an entire year). He is currently sharing a cell w/Bubba since he got caught w/a LOT of :weed: so he no longer can scam

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm the auction was removed from ebay. Either someone offered him a deal or it really was a scam and ebay removed it

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Craig King said:
It's an ebay scam... what else is new?
DrMike said:
looks like they just made an honest mistake on that one part.
Boosted98TT said:
I've seen THIS Supra countless times on autotrader.com under DIFFERENT names. This may be the real owner but it's HIGHLY unlikely. And as far as far as the persons rating goes, IT'S NOT HIS!!

:dunce:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts