Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I've never tried it, but I have a targa to experiment with (but no money for dry ice :lol: ). IIRC you are supposed to leave it out in the sun while doing this. It probably works with minor dents, but I honestly don't know.

Alex

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've seen it work. A guy did it at my last job just messing around on a scrap of metal, aluminum, i' never saw it done to a car though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
usually things like that work as long as the dent doesnt have a demple to it or an actual crease, now what i am trying to say? say you lean on the side of a car, the panel kinda pops in, no crease just a gradual slope in, a lot of times you can get behind the dent and pop it back out. when you get a dent you stretch the metal, well heat seperates the molecules in metal while cold brings them together. if you get it cold you should be able to draw the metal back into shape. might work on certain dents, the paintless dent repaire people are usually pretty good atthat stuff

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
it was posted twice in another section, it was said to be something used by some bodyshops, might wanna google search up the other threads. but i know it was said to be true/works.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've seen this done with CO2 spray also. Anyone know where I can get some of that? I have a dent in my rear panel. A kid from my church slammed a car door into it, so I need to give this a shot. It looks like it works better with the spray, but I don't know where to pick it up.

If you're interested you can see it work on YouTube.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Don't know if a CO2 canister will help because it needs to be sprayed on the dent. Can't do that with a canister as far as I know. That's why I'm looking for a spray can. I know they make them. Just haven't found them yet.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
use an airduster upside down. Will work the same way!

·
Hardtop >
1,158 Posts
Would using dry ice, or airdusters upside down really work to remove small dings? Has anyone on here actually tried it with positive results? Is it harmful to the paint?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts