Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's the story. Headed up to get my os twin disc installed after 3 months of wait. Relay on fans fails(melts), still on stock radiator. Car starts to overheat. I've drove like 2 hrs, I'm 3 F'in miles away from the shop in a turning lane behind one Ahole. Smoke just starts pouring out from under the hood. I'm looking the guy in front of me dead in the eyes.. well through the smoke.. and motioning for him to go so I can get off the road and turn my car off and not warp the head or kill the h/g and let it cool. Well he just sits there. and sits there. So I go around him, traffic's light , plenty of chances to go. I pull in to park can't see sheeot, soo much smoke. Pull into space, CRUNCH!! Long story short, Koyo radiator, clutch discs installed, new relay, new aem program a/c works again. Trying my hand at fiberglass work. Just one more sanding w/ 180 before I prime. Not too bad of a job. Whoever I bring the car too paint is going to have to touch up. The question at hand is should I go black or get the porsche yellow(again)?
Jon

Sanded and Primed pics:

Might as well send my I/C pipes and Front Miz out to get polished:D

·
Registered
682 Posts
I hate glass work to the point I won't do it anymore.

Of all the colors you can paint a Supra that are not factory, yellow is my favorite. Go with the yellow IMHO.

Great looking car. Fix it and enjoy. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
While I love black, the yellow is much more unique. That Porsche yellow is a very nice, non-gaudy yellow, too. Stick with the yellow :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
It looks good with the yellow, there are already a lot of black cars running around(heh, the other two MKIV's in Ocala :p ).

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
On topic, I do like the yellow if its the right yellow. and thats the right yellow :D

-Joe :run:

and kan, by the time you have an R32, ill have invented the time machine, gone back in time and stopped the plans for creating the skyline from EVER being completed.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys it's staying yellow for now:D

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i love the smell of resin in the morning

·
Persona non grata
201 Posts