Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Dusty, here is what I am looking at.

RS*R GT-2 Exhaust for the MKIII unless you can talk me into something else.

I am going to be looking for a big brake kit, and after reading this thread I believe I am sold on Brembo, but what are my options going to be?

And then a set of Volks, with hopes that a Brembo BBK can be nestled under the either the Volk GT-C 17" or SF Challenge, if it is available in 17"?

And not likely, but I might just consider the RPS C/C pending more research.

Thanks;
Kyle

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
The RS*R is mega-popular and a great exhaust for the money. I'm not going to try to talk you into anything else there.

Brembo is not and never will make a BBK for the MK3 Supra. Your only choice for a real BBK will be Rotora, and only if we can get 10 people up front to justify them making one.

I can get any Volk in 17" - no problem.

The RPS C/C is the only clutch that will last you virtually forever. You can buy 2 "other" clutches for the same price give or take. And you will, because they will give out. The C/C never will, and IF it does you can rebuild it for $600 flat fee.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, just like people have adapted the TT rotors to the MKIII do you think this would be a possibility with the Brembo kit? Perhaps I will talk to the guys at SP about this posibility as they already have my car. I just don't seem to be too impressed by the idea of a Rotora BBK seeing as KenHenderson noted that they are inferior to the OEM braking system of the MKIV TT.

And with the C/C will it have a relatively similar pedal feel to stock, I am looking to keep my car driveable daily if need be.

Thanks again;
Kyle

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
I have no way to know if we can adapt the MKIV Brembo to the MK3. I'm sure it COULD be done - just not sure how much it would cost.

The RPS is very, very much like stock pedal feel.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
I have an RPS C/C in my MK4 and its lasted 2 years with plenty of abuse and torture. Good buy just gets used to driving one.

Getting a big brake kit under a set of 17's is gonna be real interesting. IM telling you right now that SF Challenges will probably NOT clear a big brake kit. Weve already gone throught that HAVENT WE DUSTY?

I had the SF challenges on my car before and the lip between the spokes where it says volk racing will rub the caliper.

Good luck with the project.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
Has Brembo discontinued this part number?
http://www.brake-pros.com/specs/305350info.pdf

Here is a writup and some pics of the AP Racing kit for the mkIII as well:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:aVH0WvCvd0oJ:rob.carlile.home.mchsi.com/bigbrakes/bigbrakes.htm+AP+Racing+kit+mkiii+supra&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

Here is a link to a picture that Robert Pina has on his store page, 935 Motorsports, that shows the Precision Brakes Company 14" kit with Willwood calipers:
http://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=79_14_38&products_id=711

Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts