Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
as i said, Xerds will take care of the 1st cat, then a midpipe will attach to the end of xerds, eleminating the 2nd cat, Then get an exhaust and it will knock out the resonators/Sub mufflers .

JIC u couldent tell from the pic, the converters are not on one cast pice, Theyre two diffrent pices bolted together. all in all, i think our exhaust can be broken down into 4 pices not including the exhaust manifold.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
would it be smart to take off the car and replace it with a midpipe if youre not na-t? or would that kill too much back pressure?

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
well, what some people are doing is, theyre banging out the cats material, ive heard it can help, but with xerds not too expenvie , it is more cost effective to just buy xerds over a midpipe. Ive also heard the XERD or midpipe will make your supra sound like CRAP. For me, i was concidering banging the cats , but the 5 or so HP to be gained isnt worth making my car sound like crap. ::::shrug::: i guess the 5+- HP isnt worth messing up the exhaust note i am happy with. (nurspec)

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
PS. if your looking for a good exahust from a preformance standopint, simply buy a stock TT exhaust, ive heard it is the best exhaust from a preformance standpoint.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Cordeez said:
well, what some people are doing is, theyre banging out the cats material, ive heard it can help, but with xerds not too expenvie , it is more cost effective to just buy xerds over a midpipe. Ive also heard the XERD or midpipe will make your supra sound like CRAP. For me, i was concidering banging the cats , but the 5 or so HP to be gained isnt worth making my car sound like crap. ::::shrug::: i guess the 5+- HP isnt worth messing up the exhaust note i am happy with. (nurspec)
Usually a XERD/Midpipe combo sounds fairly ricey but one without the other isn't bad. All in all the 17whp+ gain is well worth it.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
thirtysix_36 said:
Hmmmm......., thought that would fit after the first cat......

That is for a TT. The flange connecting to the tt manifold is that three bolt triangle. NA's only have 2 bolt smaller flanges.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
i just have xerd's my car sounds like SHIT

·
Registered
552 Posts
No way. I have Xerds, combined with my exhaust and intake, the car sounds deep and mean. A little louder yes, but Not ricey/raspy or whatever u wanna call it. And with the gain in the mid and high end range, i think its definitly worth it.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
my custom headers were 500x better, but they were gettin old and rusting out. these ones sound like complete ass

·
Banned
1,624 Posts

that is what you want.
3" midpipe from boostlogic

or you could have someone make you the pipe.

good midrange gains, great exhuast note and no loss in low end torque.

(intake and midpipe) no exhaust yet.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
my custom headers were 500x better, but they were gettin old and rusting out. these ones sound like complete ass
I've heard quite a few different setups and the only ones that sounded raspy were yours with the GReddy Ti and a local guy Josh's MKIV with an HKS Ti but he's turbo now.

Regards,
kevin

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
raspy=understatement. xerd=sound like complete and utter shit... they sound worse than your bed springs when tozer is in there with you....

·
11,217 Posts
brian_k03 said:

that is what you want.
3" midpipe from boostlogic

or you could have someone make you the pipe.

good midrange gains, great exhuast note and no loss in low end torque.

(intake and midpipe) no exhaust yet.

Do you have to get a bung for the stock rear o2 sensor welded?

·
Registered
552 Posts
HydroMatrix said:
raspy=understatement. xerd=sound like complete and utter shit... they sound worse than your bed springs when tozer is in there with you....

thats too bad. wish you could have heard them in a good setup then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts