Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
thats how mine is too.

·
2,275 Posts
where are you guys getting these things at? ebay?

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silverinferno84 said:
where are you guys getting these things at? ebay?
Technically, I got the WHOLE car on ebay, so yeah, lol...

But seriously, it came on the car like that... When I compared it to my NA, the NA cap is way higher than the hose... My buddy's MKIII turbo has a higher cap than hose too... When you squeeze the hose, you can hear and feel the air in the top half... Neat-o, huh? The new buyer is putting a KOYO in there, so no more problems...

But just thought I'd share...

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Does ur car ever overheat like that? Before I flushed my radiator I had a huge air bubble in there (From filling coolant, removed the upper hose), and it kept making me overheat after about 5 mins of normal driving, and then after that it was fine.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
my car is an 87T and my radiator is the same way. when i boost my temp gauge drops down and when i let go of the gas it goes back up. the car doesnt overheat for me. i have tried to burp it and let it run for about 40 minutes in the air and i would rev and some bubbles would come out and stuff. but i don tthink i got it all.

now on my parts car, 90 N/A the radiator is different. the raised part on the radiator goes from the hose to past the cap and then slopes and even out for the rest of the radiator. to where the hose and the cap its even but the cap at the top is higher then the hose.

on my 87 theres that hump where air can get stuck but on the 90 its even and air wont get stuck in a pocket.

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,169 Posts
I have the same radiator, had it for over 5 years, was the first thing I replaced on the car. Works great, its not your problem and it was like 120 bucks cheaper than stock at the time from my local auto parts store.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
hey i have the same rad and i also have the same problems u guys have that thing is a piece of shit and it leaks like a mofo as well.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joli, I've done everything, EVERYTHING, to get the air out, pressurized the system, flushed it, jacked it up MANY times, ran it all over... I did three compression tests, hot and cold... I had the coolant tested for exhaust gases , that was negative... I took it to a radiator shop to test everything just to make sure I didnt miss anything... They found NOTHING...

Then yesterday, I noticed this... And I squeezed the hose and it had air... When I pulled the cap off, and squeezed the hose, coolant came out of the top followed by alot of bubbles...

And I've had a few Supra owners tell me that they thought I had the wrong radiator on my car...

Its all water under the bridge now... My car is shipping out next week to the new owner who has purchased a new KOYO radiator for it...

Air bubble detective at large...

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,169 Posts
Maybe we're talking about two dif radiators then

You should let us know if the new radiator actually fixes the problem, or the new owner should.

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,259 Posts
looks like an ebay CSF radiator to me...I just put one in. But, haven't gotten much use out of it yet, seeing that my car is def positive for BHG :( So far tho, I've driven the car with it in, at least 1-200 miles, and it's been fine.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
just get a funel that clips onto the filler neck. you can than fill the funel much higher than any hose on the car. This is what I use at my shop on lots of cars that have this problem (trust me, Supras are not the only ones by far) as long as the level in the funel is higher than the rest of the car (usualy is by a few inches) than burping the air out is just a matter of letting it run for a bit and giving the radiator hose a squeeze now and then...... you can probably pick up one of these tools things at any automotive tool place, though I probably way overpaid for mine through Snapon. It's been around hte shop for years though, I don;t realy remember where I got it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts