Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a set of Dynaudio System 220MKII

http://www.dynaudio.com/products/car/2way.htm

The magnet structures look big... will it be a problem to mound in the door?

Thanks for anyone who has experience with these!

Sincerely
Jim

M

·
0 Posts
I have no experience with mounting them in MKIVs, but I do have extensive listening time with Dyns. They feature marvelous midbass, in terms of output and accuracy, and an incredibly detailed tweeter. The tweet however is not so much to my liking, I find it somehow too technical, too sterile, too ethereal. I know that sounds odd, but that's a personal impression. They are amazing drivers and loved by many.

·
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mobilebeatz said:
I have no experience with mounting them in MKIVs, but I do have extensive listening time with Dyns. They feature marvelous midbass, in terms of output and accuracy, and an incredibly detailed tweeter. The tweet however is not so much to my liking, I find it somehow too technical, too sterile, too ethereal. I know that sounds odd, but that's a personal impression. They are amazing drivers and loved by many.
Thanks you for your input... anyone else?

M

·
0 Posts
Chances are a 5" woofer with a 3" VC are not simply going to drop into factory door location. You'll likely need to have mounting rings/spacers and/or hole adapters made. Or just built out a door pod. I'd put the tweeter down there too, to retain a semblance of point source sonics.

have you considered kickpanels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts