Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dude,
awhile ago you did the recap on that show in vegas and said that kenwood looks to be comming out with the best shit, well the monitor you were talking about was the model #P-907 ? i think im gonna start building a system, i guess ill go with the following
2 Diamond Audio Mac Daddy 12" subs
Diamond audio 6.5 Hex set
Xtant 1001x amp
Xtant 404m amp
and not sure on what monitor/dsp/cdchanger/dvd :eek: :eek:

·
651 Posts
Naw man, the P-907 has been out for about a year already. The 907 is a din sized cd player with a touch screen and tv tuner built in. It DID NOT have a DVD player in it.

The new bad-ass unit from Kenwood is the KVT910DVD. This has a larger screen, better resolution, x-over, and will play DVD movies along with cd's! It pretty much blows every other unit away regardless of the manufacturer. It has a list price of around $2500 and is worth every penny.

I received 6 units about 2 weeks ago and they all sold in 2 days. Trust me, check it out!

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Thomas Kenyon:
Naw man, the P-907 has been out for about a year already. The 907 is a din sized cd player with a touch screen and tv tuner built in. It DID NOT have a DVD player in it.

The new bad-ass unit from Kenwood is the KVT910DVD. This has a larger screen, better resolution, x-over, and will play DVD movies along with cd's! It pretty much blows every other unit away regardless of the manufacturer. It has a list price of around $2500 and is worth every penny.

I received 6 units about 2 weeks ago and they all sold in 2 days. Trust me, check it out!

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000
killer dood, what do you think about the setup i am going with? I plan on installing this stuff when I get my supra aswell, do you think it will sound well?? all opions welcome :)

thanks

·
651 Posts
Should sound pretty good if you do every thing correctly..

Gonna do any rear fill?

What type of enclosure are you going to build?

Tom Kenyon

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should sound pretty good if you do every thing correctly..

Gonna do any rear fill?

What type of enclosure are you going to build?

Tom Kenyon
actually not sure, might just install the shit in my current car and then when i get my supra doing a box like the one you have or that guy with the red supra i think? it looks pretty damn cool, maybe take out back seat though :) I also like the install that Craig Leiberman(sp?) did, took out the seat, and had 2 subs in the place of it, hell i might just buy one from you and have you send it...but who knows when all this will happen :rolleyes:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Thomas,

Do you have a website where I can check out the KVT910DVD, it's not on the Kenwood USA site yet.

Thanks,

Flavio

·
651 Posts
No website info that I am aware of. I am sure that the Kenwood USA page will show the new unit eventually but I am not sure when that will be. Some dealers have not even recieved the piece yet. I haven't even recieved new product literature on the line.

Tom Kenyon

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000
well damn, i might have to go with it, you say the list price is 2500$? I can get them from my friend for 1700$. Atleast he says around 1700, he sells shit wholesale to me :D Also, if anyone needs any car audio and was wondering what kind of price, just drop me a msg here and I will see what kind of price I can get ya

[ February 24, 2001: Message edited by: mystic ]

L

·
0 Posts
It seems that your the man to see about a supra system so I was wondering if you'd answer a few questions for me.

1) I've noticed that you build and ship boxes, I'm interested in one for a 95 Supra that saves the spare, tools and t-top storage. A price range and any other specs would be great. Oh, it would probabaly be for 2 8's.

2) I was gonna use JL Audio subs, namely the 10w6 or the 8w6 I guess, but people keep telling me JL Audio stuff is outdated... what do you think?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

No website info that I am aware of. I am sure that the Kenwood USA page will show the new unit eventually but I am not sure when that will be. Some dealers have not even recieved the piece yet. I haven't even recieved new product literature on the line.

Tom Kenyon

·
651 Posts
This was said earlier about the new Kenwood DVD multi-media unit.

well damn, i might have to go with it, you say the list price is 2500$? I can get them from my friend for 1700$.

Let me clarify something.

I will only quote retail prices here on this forum. I do not sell anything for "retail price" in my shops. It is only what I use to tell people what the manufacturer's suggested value is for that particular product. $2500 is NOT what I sell the unit for.

Ok, as far as the box needed for 2-8's...... It runs $325 and fits down in the stock sub location. It allows targa storage and maintains all spare tire goodies.

That price is not including the subs.

As far as JL being somewhat "outdated", I have not heard that statement before. Sure, the W6 is over 8 years old but is still an impressive performer. There are many other subs you could use, it's all a matter of opinion and taste.

Gimme a call to discuss more details of the box or post here again..

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Registered
854 Posts
I want to put two 10's in my car, in the spare tire location..

How much for a box for that? I'm thinking about the JL 10w6's as well.. what do you recommend?

I was wondering if I could do the fiberglass, neon pretty look junk..

Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
This was said earlier about the new Kenwood DVD multi-media unit.

well damn, i might have to go with it, you say the list price is 2500$? I can get them from my friend for 1700$.

Let me clarify something.

I will only quote retail prices here on this forum. I do not sell anything for "retail price" in my shops. It is only what I use to tell people what the manufacturer's suggested value is for that particular product. $2500 is NOT what I sell the unit for.

Ok, as far as the box needed for 2-8's...... It runs $325 and fits down in the stock sub location. It allows targa storage and maintains all spare tire goodies.

That price is not including the subs.

As far as JL being somewhat "outdated", I have not heard that statement before. Sure, the W6 is over 8 years old but is still an impressive performer. There are many other subs you could use, it's all a matter of opinion and taste.

Gimme a call to discuss more details of the box or post here again..

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000
Actually, I was wondering about how much the box weighs and also if you have any pictures of the box or similar installed. I'm very interested but I woun't be purchasing one for a couple of months, however when I do, I'd like to get it from you.

Thanks Again

·
651 Posts
Mr. AB Flug Supra,

Yea, the Kenwood 910 player does retain the touch screen features. The resolution is MUCH better than the 907's.

They have also released a 5.1 dolby processor, Navagation processor and a EQ processor for both the 907 and the 910 DVD units.

It's all pretty kick ass stuff if you ask me.

I have all the Alpine multi-media gear in my Supra and it blows my stuff away.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts