Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those guys (I know there are a few handful of you), can you explain what you used exactly in the trans mount area??

Also, if you could provide any pics that would be helpful as well!

Thanks,

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts
My Soarer R154 came with the mount that bolted right up to the MKIV chasis.

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Soarer R154 came with the mount that bolted right up to the MKIV chasis.
Did it set the trans too high or too low or anything in the car?

My trans I purchased didnt come with a mount or anything...but thanks, that helps a little.

· Registered
497 Posts
Yeah you use the stock mk3 rubber mount. You have to have a custom bracket made that will lower the tranny down. Boostlogic made me a custom bracket mount and it bolted up perfectly. No vibration or tranny noise what so ever.

If the tranny is not sitting low enough it will squash the rubber mount and cause really REALLY bad vibration/tranny noise. Give BL a call and they will make one for you ;)

· Registered
702 Posts
I used the w58 mount on mine with my oem auto crossmember.. it sits perfectly.. the w58 mount has a little metal "lip" looking part that you have to grind off so the trans fits nicely, that's like a two minute job. If you have a JDM r154 from a 1jz supra or soarer then all 4 bolts will line up perfectly between the mount and the trans.. if you have an r154 from a 7M MK3 then only two bolts will line up.. this might or might not be enough.. I am sure you can figure something out to get it to bolt up on all four bolts.. perhaps a small bracket of some type..I dunno.
Good luck.

· Out on 2!
2,241 Posts
I used the mx83 cressida auto trans mount on the R154 with the stock MKIV auto crossmember. Sits at the perfect height. You will have to enlarge the bolt holes slightly on the trans cross member.

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i feel like I am confusing mount and crossmember...

Is the crossmember the flat part with the 2 bolt holes on each end? I thought the whole assembly with the rubber and all was the mount??

· Registered
702 Posts
crossmember is the long and flat aluminum piece with the two bolt holes at each end. The mount is the part that has the rubber parts and attaches to the crossmember with 4 bolt/nuts. :)

Trans mount

that piece of metal welded in the middle of the "valley" region of the mount is what needs to be ground off :)

· ?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, the trans came out of a SC from my knowledge, so I am almost willing to bet it has some sort of non stock mount on it already and waiting for my MKIV crossmember

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.