Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really do love my twins!! But the day will come when I'll have to go single. Maybe the turbos will fail or I'll have to get into the engine for some other reason. And that's when I'll be going single.

First off, please don't try and tell me I'll just want a bigger turbo later on OR the lag is only a bit slower with a bigger turbo, etc...I don't want a big turbo. No now, not later. Save your breath...you WON'T talk me into it. My car makes 403RWHP and I'm completely satisfied now. I used to drag race motorcycles, so if I want to truly go fast, I know where to turn. With my 3200 stall and Stu's #1 turbo mod, my car is plenty fast on the street. It's plenty of power for what I use my car for (daily driver, Grand Touring). When I go single, I want something smaller than a T-61. If I can make a bit more power, fine. If it stays at 400RWHP that's fine too.

I want to hear from those running a single smaller than a T-61. I'd be really interested to hear from those with a T-57 or T-58. I have 94 octane fuel here, so please tell me what type of boost I might be looking at. Since I imagine I'll be not much greater than stock twins power, I intend to keep stock fuel and stock ECU. It I must go ECU, I'll run a MAP ECU. But I think for the power levels I'm looking for and the use of 94 octane, the stock ECU might do fine.

How does the car respond and drive with these small turbos? If you have any power figures or dyno sheets to post, that's a bonus. Anything you could tell me would be great. Again...please don't post trying to change my mind or offer opinions not dealing with my original questions. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i have a t61, the one mark sells, and the lag is aright about dead on with the lag from the twins in ttc.

~Andrew

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
I have the 57 kit from Boost Logic. I got it when my sequential system quit working well and could not seem to be fixed. I hated TTC so I cleaned everything up with the single. I was also upgrading for the road course, so I got FMIC, Koyo radiator, coolers galore, Tein CS suspension, etc.... I still have the MAF with an eManage.
I like the turbo - I have not really had it dynoed, exceot during tuning, but I suppose it is about 420 rwhp at 15 psi. My daily driving is usually 12-15 psi, which is nice for the street.
I don't plan to really run it any higher except at the track when I can get octane > 93 (what I get now).
Note that I have a stock auto tranny, so I would not be going too much higher on hp anyway. The 57 is a pretty good compromise for the road course anyway.
If/when I upgrade the tranny, I might run higher boost on higher octane, but for now I'm ok.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
58 mm here. Full boost by 3200 rpm, made 550 rwtq and over 500rwhp on 104 race gas.

Car is AWESOME for the roadcourse, and makes the torque down low.

It holds 15 psi to my redline, but it really starts to drop at 5500 rpms.

At 15 psi, it has around 420rwhp, so around what the stock twins put out at max psi.Awesome daily turbo.

Here is my dyno results.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^Awesome!! That's exactly the type of info I was looking for. So the 58mm must feel pretty good on the street then? Never really lacking for power?

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
I ran a t60-1 for a while. Full spool at like 3600 or so. Made 480rwhp at 18psi on 100 octane.

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
I have the PHR Stg1 which they say is a GT60. I love it so far but no track time yet; first track day is May 5 a roadcourse setup at Pocono. Just tuning it so far it made 460whp at 17psi on 93oct pump but I think it has a little more in it even there; soon I'll have it tuned on C16 at 28psi or so, I think it'll be over 600whp.

Spools very fast, positive boost before 3000rpm but I haven't evaluated exactly how much yet.

·
Registered
635 Posts
my buddy just ran 10.80 at 124 with the pte61 at 18-19 #....
he does have the boost logics auto...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts