Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just an old *******
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have succesfully repaired one intake, and one exhaust cam, that were previously in two pieces each. they are both in the car and running it fine. If anyone needs help with this, I will let you know how, or you can send them to me, and I can repair them. Those things are expensive to replace.

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
I recently bought a set of used cams from a forum member and when I got them both were broken. I am seriously pissed off about it and am ecstatic to hear the news that they can be fixed. I won't elaborate on the situation just yet but I would be interested in having you repair them. Needless to say I will NEVER buy used parts again unless I know the person. Can you pm me a price please.

·
Just an old *******
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 dyno passes over 900 hp and both cams are just fine. We have some big blocks to go spank sat and sun, we will see how they hold up at the track. We will be taking a spare set, just in case.

·
JDM Driver
‘95 Supra 6sp Hardtop
345 Posts
I too bought a pair of HKS cams from a forum member and due to his improper packing, they arrived broken in two as well. Shoot me a pm for the details, thanks.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
I have succesfully repaired one intake, and one exhaust cam, that were previously in two pieces each. they are both in the car and running it fine. If anyone needs help with this, I will let you know how, or you can send them to me, and I can repair them. Those things are expensive to replace.
i would like to know how you do it.

·
Just an old *******
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is realy very simple to repair. You have a piece of stress proof steel, or machine steel, machined to a 6" long x .495 piece, (the machinist should measure the oiling hole in the center of the cam) with a 1/4" hole through the center. It will be press fit into the existing oil journal inside the cam. Drill a 3/16" hole at both ends about an inch in from the ends, perpendicular to the sleave, ( make sure these holes are not in a lobe or oil journal). Install a spring pin, and epoxy the ends to keep the oil from comming out of the spring pins instead of the oil journal. When drilling the holes for the spring pins, try to just catch the wall of the stress proof insert. do not go directly through the center, as oil flow has alredy been decreased.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts