Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the symtoms were?? The engagement started out normal and about two launches... I started having a mushy pedal and then the engagement got so high the clutch started slipping. I tried adjusting the pedal..nothing happened. Then blead the clutch... nothing happened. The clutch is new flywheel and all... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Matt my experience is similiar. I was on a used temporary fix clutch at the time. When we put the new disc in it engaged fine within factory specs. After going to the track and making some passes. The pedal was somewhat mushy and it engaged very very high. Right near the top. Went back to the track and made one pass. Came back around to do the burnout and the pedal stuck to the floor. We pulled the pedal off the floor and dropped it back in gear with no luck. The car would free rev like it was in neutral. I am going to go ahead and replace the slave cylinder, and put new DOT4 fluid in with the next clutch swap.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds similar... I'm thinking the slave is shot. It's like it's getting hung up on the release.. not applying pressure. The thing that sucks is... the adjustment rod is so tight on my car. It taked a 1/2 hour to get a few turns. I'm replacing the slave and master cylinder with new rod and clevac. We'll see how things are soon. I'll be highly pissed if it fucked the disk and flywheel. I'm not trying to pull the tranny this soon.

Matt

·
3,466 Posts
On mine, the bracket that holds the clutch fork broke, which allowed the fork to move and then the slave rod was not seated in the ball of the fork, causing the piston in the slave cylinder to pop out. Pull the inspection plates off and go from there.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Sorry to bring this back... but was this the slave or the master?

I'm having similar symptoms with mine. Engagement will move to the top, and the pedal pressure becomes REAL soft. If I pump the clutch a few times at a stop light or something, the pedal pressure is stiff again and engagement is towards the bottom like normal.

Slave or master?

Thanks.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Thanks Matt.. I bled the clutch, which halped a little, but it still does it now and again. Shifting does not seem to be affected at all though, but I'd rather nip this problem in the bud and take care of it now. While I was under the car, the slave looked ok, no leaks,etc. I'm thinking it may be an internal leak on the master?

Car has 111K on it, so I'm thinking maybe just a new master,slave and SS line are in order? Where can I get the SS line?

·
Registered
458 Posts
If one goes you might as well replce the other at the same time. They both have the same amount of wear time... IMHO.

·
Read Only
368 Posts
Thought you guys were talking about the brake master cylinder at first...I went bye bye at the track last summer at 160km/h during turn 2, I've flown for like 2 seconds... Just wanted to chime in if your clutch master cylinder is done, it would be a great idea to change your brake master cylinder too, trust me its scary as hell!!! :eek:

-Chris-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts