Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the sogi mbc set to 11.5 psi, however, boost will often peak 11.5psi and drop to around 8psi. I was thinking that should should shim the wastegate for 10-11psi in order to help the situation.

On one unusual occasion, I overboosted while doing some 5th gear pulls at highspeeds on the highway. I seemed to barely hit fuel cut at anywhere from 13-14psi.

Since I think that I may have identified my FC point at 13psi, I was thinking that I might up the boost with the mbc/washers to 12.5 psi ... or the mbc to 12.5 psi and the washers to a number slightly below it.

For those who have shimmed their wastegate, please list how many washers that you used and, consequently, what psi you are running. EDIT: If possible, please list what size washers you used.

EDIT # 2: New question: If I install washers ... do I need to disable the jmbc?

Thank you so much. Best regards.

·
SP-61GT powered
289 Posts
I was using 5 washers (10 total) and hit 11 PSI exactly. I could blast through the gears at the track without hitting fuel cut. If I was driving nice on the highway and floor it to pass, it would hit 11.5 PSI and boom… fuel cut.

I never had good luck with a MBC - I would hit fuel cut in second gear and loose boost in the higher gears. I tried all kinds of different settings but I gave up.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UberSupra.com said:
I was using 5 washers (10 total) and hit 11 PSI exactly. I could blast through the gears at the track without hitting fuel cut. If I was driving nice on the highway and floor it to pass, it would hit 11.5 PSI and boom… fuel cut.

I never had good luck with a MBC - I would hit fuel cut in second gear and loose boost in the higher gears. I tried all kinds of different settings but I gave up.
Thanks for the info. forgot to mention that I would like to know hat size the washers are ... if possible.

Like I said, I think that my fuel cuts at 13psi minimum. I have only hit FC once (barely) while overbosting in 5th gear. The jmbc seems to work well ... except I loose 3.5 psi righ6t after it peaks out.

KEEP THE RESPONSES COMIN PLEASE. I appreciate everyone's input.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MK3Brent said:
.5 inches.
huh? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I asked: how many washers, what size washers, how much boost?

I don't understand your reply.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,995 Posts
Since one may not find equal size washers in their home... and would want to use them anyway... I say half an inch will give you about 12.5 psi on a cold day WOT..

But the thread I posted has more info, with a link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts