Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 4" Quick Time exhaust cutout and I'm just a little curious about the inside of this thing where the dump pipe joines the main pipe. They cut a triangle in the main pipe where the exhaust would dump out, but it's not even close to consuming the entire area of where the dump pipe meets. Is this how I should leave it, or should I try to open it up more with a dremel? Pics below:

·
Original owner, March '94
224 Posts
I'd open it up, that's a crappy product if they sell it like that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It looks like you may have recieved a unfinished one. My was pretty bad but nothing near that. I'd contact them and send a pic. If you get the brush you could cut it through the middle and remove all the material until it is the same diameter and re-TIG it. I'd try to get another one from them though.

-Jon

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Go nuts with a Saws-all. That's like a 2.37" cut out.

·
Banned
637 Posts
thats why you make a custom one y-adapter. Most of these y-adapter's don't flow the greatest for the cutout side.

If you switch the cutout side to the straight piece and put the rest of the exhaust on the original diagional cutout side it would flow a lot better when it is open.

Oh ya, there is almost no where to put it before the end of the tranny...I've tried and it will fit but it is close.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to contact Summit to see if they can replace it. I really don't feel like spending an hour trying to open it up as it should have been. I'm okay with putting the cutout toward the end of the tranny. The reason I got it is that I have a veilside ti catback and those neck down to 3 inches. I'm going to be using a 4" downpipe that will have to neck down to 3" at the end to meet the veilside, so I figure this could help make use of the 4" dp when I want. You know I figured that I should probably just get a Y pipe and make something myself. It just seems that when I try to do something cheap, it never works out...go figure LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts