Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set a springs that will lower the car but, will not sacrifice the ride quality( something that will not beat the hell out of ya!). What springs do you recommend with the stock shocks? I'm not looking to do coil overs or change the shocks... Any help?

Thanks Matt

P

·
0 Posts
Nearly everyone uses Eibachs (I think). They are definitley stiff, but actually, are not very abusive on bumpy roads compared to stock, and you get much better car control over bumps in turns, especially at speed. Actually, I changed my springs and shocks at the same time--I think nearly everyone would recommend the same (I have KYB AGX--great for the price)

·
0 Posts
when i had stock shocks, i used the eibachs and i experienced very little ride change. I have swapped the stock shocks with the KYBs and the ride is even better (a little bumpier-depending on the settings of the shock). I don't know if this helps, but I agree with paul, I think that most people who havent gone with coil overs have probably switched to the Eibach/KYB combo.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

The only reason I don't want to switch the shocks is for the squat(sp?) factor. I love to drag race and don't want to take away from the soft rear suspension but I do want a nicer stance when I get 18s..Plus I've noticed that the guys who drag their cars,not all, (Angel and a few others) use the stock shocks with lowering springs...this along with skills might have something to do with their 60' times.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverTT said:
Its a sports car man...if you want a soft ride get a Buick!
Pay attention! Go back and read the previous posts.....I like to drag race... I don't want to put a wheel hop combo on my car. I will leave it stock if I can't achieve a nice combo with the stock shocks.:confused:

Matt

·
boost is good
772 Posts
hey ive got the eibach/stock shocks combo...its a pretty decent ride. doesnt wheel hop much at all for me, i also drag race a lot when the tracks are open around here. im going to upgrade to some kind of adj. shocks though, i would like something a little more stiffer for my liking

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gritsak said:
hey ive got the eibach/stock shocks combo...its a pretty decent ride. doesnt wheel hop much at all for me, i also drag race a lot when the tracks are open around here. im going to upgrade to some kind of adj. shocks though, i would like something a little more stiffer for my liking
Cool....What times have you run with the T78?

Matt

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
if you just changed to eibachs, then i would say that the ride quality got better...at least that's what i thought when i first did it... it's just a little more bumpy, just a little... but steering response and feel got way better... just my opinion.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
M Miller said:
I too am going single this winter...I'm trying to decide between the T78 and building my own kit...Do you have any regrets with this kit?
i am really happy with the kit. even if i had more money to spend i would have still gone with the greddy. it comes complete minus a bov and full length DP. it comes with tons of ss bolts, nuts and studs, new exhaust manifold gasket, piping for stock i/c or a fmic designed for stock twins, and everything is top notch in quality.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
If you lower your car, your stock shocks will need changing very soon because they will start to work on different level = you will need new ones for sure. My suggestion is to do it at once - you would not to have pay twice for changing. I suggest KYB AGX, you can adjust them to get simular stiffnes to stock shocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts