Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an SP57 and am interested in using a Manual Boost Controller, instead of my EVC IV. I don't want to overboost on the stock fuel and I've heard that the MBC's are better at controlling boost. Just for those that don't know how SP sets up their kits I have a HKS GT wastegate and BOV and no nipple on the turbo. How do you route the Vaccum hoses and who makes a good MBC? Or can i make one from scratch?
Thanks
Josh Keler

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Well, if you do NOT have a nipple on your turbo, then you are either going to have to put one on the turbo, or on the pipe right after the turbo on the I/C pipe.

I do not know how to hook up the wastegate, if it is like the racegate, then I can help you.

I have the Turbo XS dual stage boost ctrl right now, but I have only used it once (i also have the AVCR). So far though it has worked great, and I like how you can switch from low to high boost at the flick of a switch. It is a little pricey for a manual ($250), but it is worth it to me to not have to get out of the car to adjust the valve to raise the boost.

Hope this helps.

Tim
'94 T-62
'91 Stealth TT

B

·
0 Posts
I just put a Joe P on my SP57 and LOVE it. Thats the way to go. To get a pressure source, go to an auto parts store, get a 1/4" brass nipple with a 1/8"NPT thread. I put it into the IC pipe on the underside of the BOV. As for the BOV, you need to give it vaccuum. Get it somewhere from the intake manifold. The Joe P will give you instructions on how to install it. Good luck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I know what MBC to use;)
How much did it cost? Hey Brad, we need to get together some time, we only live an hour or so apart.
Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW Brad
What do the nipples on the wastgate connect to?
If you could email me at [email protected] and explaine your vaccum hose routing I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts