Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since nobody else in the 300zx community has a th400, except for one other person i think, i thought this would be the best place to ask.

what gear do you guys start your burnout in? i have been told to start in 2nd, b/c starting in 1st will end up hurting the trans. the problem is with these big sticky tires i have, and the powerband of the car its hard to get the thing going in 2nd at some tracks b/c they require you to pull out of the water before starting the burnout. im going to try gettting a linelock, and hook it up to the rear brakes to cut them off during the burnout, so maybe that will help. just curious what your burnout rituals are over here. i dont see why starting in first would hurt anything if you shift to 2nd at a decent rpm?

btw, love this forum. most of the z forums are so anti drag racing, you get flamed for even posting anything drag racing related. needless to say i pretty much read this forum alot more. :bowdown:

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Starting the burnout in 1st gear won't hurt anything. Just get spining good and shift into 2nd (and 3rd if you really want to make a lot of smoke).

·
Registered
484 Posts
Agreed, but a linelock makes a WORLD of difference! You will be amazed at how hard your rear brakes are working when doing the burnout

·
Registered
348 Posts
z324u said:
btw, love this forum. most of the z forums are so anti drag racing, you get flamed for even posting anything drag racing related. needless to say i pretty much read this forum alot more. :bowdown:
Definately good info here in SF's
Some smart Z guys, many into drag racing over on www.hybridz.org as well.

I prefer the 1-2-3 shift burnout as well with the line loc on the fronts :).
It seems to get the tires the stickiest, for me anyway... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T6Rocket said:
Just an FYI, the line lock goes on the "front" brakes. It holds pressure to keep them locked w/o your foot on the pedal.

Good luck!

Al
yeah i was just going to use it as a cutoff valve for the rears tho, with a toggle switch. dont really need the linelock for launching since i have a transbrake, and its alot easier to put it on the rears. plus we had an incident with a linelock on a bracket car one time with the front brakes, and needless to say it was a mess trying to get the thing stopped with no front brakes :/

thanks for the info. ill keep doing the 1-2 burnouts.

·
Registered
392 Posts
z324u said:
:D

Screw the haters on tt.net

All they do is talk about how road racing is the sh*t.... at the end of the day the guys that talk the most only race once or twice a year... lol

You need to post some vids of you doing regular driving with the 400 and a couple passes.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
can you use a TH400 for daily driving? providing theres trans cooler, proper oil etc?

I was really thinking 5speed but i was wondering about launching hard on a 5speed hurting the drivetrain more than the auto, or does both kill a stock drivetrain faster?

·
Registered
392 Posts
1JZ_Cressida said:
can you use a TH400 for daily driving? providing theres trans cooler, proper oil etc?

I was really thinking 5speed but i was wondering about launching hard on a 5speed hurting the drivetrain more than the auto, or does both kill a stock drivetrain faster?
Auto's are ALOT easier on the drivetrain. Manual transmit the big shock all at once to the driveline. Specially on slicks.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
sweet, but can the TH400's be used as a daily driver?

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
damn lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts