Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well with 2000 miles on the new shortblock, I turned the boost up to around 17lbs. Figure that the engine is broke in by now( stock fuel system, 93 oct, +METH )

All of a sudden at around 110Mph, I let off the gas and BOOM. Heard a huge pop. Now immediatly there is a loss of preasure, and the RPMS are all over the place. TYhe throttle is not responsive, and I am only thinking. "My Gods I blew the FMS again"

Ironically, I blew the blow off valve, right off the car. It caused a small dent in my hood from underneath, chipped the paint on the top...

The BOV is the first ever HKS SSQ, so its kinda old, held by a spring/washer that sits in a groove. The flange and lip seems like its toast. Gonne get a new set up on monday. Was thinking of getting a blitz set up, they sound pretty beefy, note really big on the "mouse squeek" ones.. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a feeling that it was just the circlip not properly seated in the groove. Those things are a bitch...

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Yes without the proper tool it can be hell to get that clip in

8,181 Posts
thats wierd. this is the firs time for me to hear such a thing like that. i bet when that happened ur heart beat went north.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Hey Todd, sorry to hear about your hood. I woulda shit my pants! Pretty much anything made by Tial is amazing for the price. The quality of their parts is great. If you want that whoosh sound...go with a Tial.

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
Can you post pics? I am curious to see this. I have never heard about the BOV coming straight off while driving

·
Registered
532 Posts
Glad it was nothing serious. I had the same thing happen on my old WRX. Let off throttle at 100MPH, heard a loud noise and the car instantly died. Pulled over, it wouldn't start. Turns out my piece of crap TurboXS BOV had blown right off the piping.

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was just that circlip, its a wicked out of date HKS, spring is worn. I worked that bitch back in tight, its handling 15lbs. I also loosened ( is that even a word? ) the spring a little.
I got my NEW blitz comming from speed for sale. I'll take some pics.. Who can I email them to that can post em for me?

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
trying to host, pics are to big to upload.. there like 577kb, SF has a max of 87... No idea how to do this sort of thing

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Same thing happened to 97TDawg at NOPI 2005 in Bristol....except his was a HKS Racing BOV.

Jason

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks LEXUSFTW for the hosting.. So think i can buff that scratch out lol..

Cars getting a new paint job and body kit in 2 weeks. ( ducks from all the VS body kit haters)

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Tial!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts