Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of selling my Supra for an even older car, a 91' NSX.

My SUpra, reat as it is, hasn't been the most reliable car. It's left me stranded 4 times already and I've spent loads of money getting her reliable and useable. Still not that useable, but I love her nonetheless. However a friend made an offer for my Supra. He'll swap his NSX and add cash. I thought sure why not, try something else. At the back of my head I thought I could borrow it from him anytime or buy it back. If you'll go to the other thread, Supra vs Murcielago on Top Gear, you'll see how well modded my SUpra is. The '91 NSX had minor bolt-ons and wheels, nothing else.

So back home, I surf the web and check for pricing on OEM parts. I wanted to replace the radiator, t-stat, coolant hoses, t-belt and bearings and tensioners, clutch assembly, clutch master and slave cylinder, brake master cylinder, ignition coils, basically stuff you'd replace on any 18 year old car.

But when I saw the prices, I almost fainted! I never realized NSX OEM stuff is really, really, really expensive! Crazy expensive! If I bought all the OEM stuff for the NSX which I wanted to replace, I'd have bought my new S362 turbine and the AEM EMS Gen 2, and have enough money to fly in the legend himself, John Reed here to Manila, have him tune my car, then take him to Boracay for non-stop partying!!! It's freaking crazy!!!!

I thought owning and maintaining a Supra was expensive.

Hell, it's like owning a Corolla compared to the NSX!!!!!!!!!!!

Now can someone knock some sense into me and assure me keeping the Supra was the right choice? lol :idhitit:

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
A friend of mine built a serious NSX and the cost of the parts was insane compared to Supra prices! Depends how much cash he is throwing in the deal and what condition his car is in. I would consider it if its a sick deal, otherwise I would pass.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
NSX is a pretty well built piece of machinery. that is a rather tempting offer if it were me. matter of preference really. NA or turbo.

·
4 T's and an X
2,100 Posts
I love my 99 NSX. They are expensive cars to maintain but I would get rid of my Supra's before the NSX. Be careful as the early 90's had problems.

·
Ninja
951 Posts
SUPRA FTMFW! damnit.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend's NSX is one of the first 50 NSX's sold by Honda. It's basically a USDM car but I believe the instrumentation reads in metric. So it'll be an 18 year old car, probably older if you consider the actual build date.

The NSX has that delicacy of feel especially through the steering but it's only really fast on the track. Out on the street, I know even a stock Supra would whoop its a$$ :)

·
Blue Thunder
3,430 Posts
F that !!! Keep the Supra !! Get ready to have all those Honduh fan boys jockin yo
itsch and acting all stoopid tryin to catch up to u in traffic !!!!

You want great steering feel, get a CRX and keep the Supra

B

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Honda are like tampons... every pus*y has one... The NSX is just the tampon that comes lined in a 24k gold wrapper.... Dont do it...

·
Registered
432 Posts
F that !!! Keep the Supra !! Get ready to have all those Honduh fan boys jockin yo
itsch and acting all stoopid tryin to catch up to u in traffic !!!!

You want great steering feel, get a CRX and keep the Supra

B
why , is the supra's steering not responsive, if it is i need to know cause i want to buy one and i hate cars with sluggish steering.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
T AND X, please post more pics of your Supra, It looks amazing in that pic.

I am surprised at all the haters in this thread. The NSX is probably the most beautiful Japanese car ever produced and it handles like a dream. It has no torque compared to the Supra, but they are amazing cars nonetheless.

·
4 T's and an X
2,100 Posts
TNH...exactly. But the NSX is a different driving experience. You dont need 1000hp to enjoy a car. The NSX is aging alot better then the Supra. That doesnt mean I dont enjoy my Supra's. Plus, the aftermarket is starting to make performance parts for the NSX.

I have more pics of the green Supra in the member section (green Supra's).

·
...smell like cabbage
1,097 Posts
Honda are like tampons... every pus*y has one... The NSX is just the tampon that comes lined in a 24k gold wrapper.... Dont do it...
One of the dumbest posts I've seen in a while. Stop with the YouTube commentary already.

I personally would stick with the Supra but they are really completely different cars.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Funny, I traded my supra for a 91 nsx with 21k miles last month! Super clean. Wheels need to be changed out though.

Nsx's are badass!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why , is the supra's steering not responsive, if it is i need to know cause i want to buy one and i hate cars with sluggish steering.

It's not that it's (Supra's) not responsive. But it doesn't feel as delicate as the NSX.

I got honest with myself. NSX MIGHT be more fun on the track, but on the street, where I'll be driving the Supra much much more, it's far more fun :)

Yeah I am keeping my Supra! I love it!

Funny, I came over to my shop tp bring it home after some minor work was done, thinking to myself damn am I glad I did not get rid of you. The Supra blows off ANOTHER small coolant hose! Clamp was old and loose hahahahaha!

Gotta love my big fat red bitch!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts