Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
seen it before, kinda ricey... i know i wouldnt get one, just get the stock one polished with everything else under the hood, or get the battery relocated to the back with i personally think is the better choice.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I have one. I dont see where it looks anymore "ricey" than the next billet battery holder

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That would be nice for show maybe, but 135 bucks just for that. Thats crazy

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The UNFORTUNATE part is that it must be used with a piece of shit Optima battery. The biggest JOKE of all batteries made IMO. I've gone through 4 of them in various vehicles and would never waste another penny on them. That "nice" warranty they are supposed to have is merely a "marketing" scheme. Avoid Optima like the plague! The bracket itself doesn't look toooo bad.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
WrenchWhore said:
The UNFORTUNATE part is that it must be used with a piece of shit Optima battery. The biggest JOKE of all batteries made IMO. I've gone through 4 of them in various vehicles and would never waste another penny on them. That "nice" warranty they are supposed to have is merely a "marketing" scheme. Avoid Optima like the plague! The bracket itself doesn't look toooo bad.
Interesting, I've never heard anything bad about optima before...

·
Registered
814 Posts
to me its kinda like slappin a integra sticker across ur windshield on ur integra...people already know its a supra why put it on ur battery holder? by ricey i meant no offense to those of you that have it... just not my style...but to each his own

·
always watching
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But for someone who's engine bay is completely polished it would look good. How is that anymore ricey then polishing anything else or having supra on your brake capipers etc. its just a label and isn't a HUGE sticker accross a windshield, not that is ricey. and it looks like a nice quality part as apposed to a cheap weak part. can someone post a pic of it installed.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
house_of_senate said:
It seems like its about 50/50 on this forum about peoples thoughts on optima.

hell yeah. its a hit or miss it seems. i have used them for many years on 10 different car and car audio spl monsters with no issues. but others have had bad vibes on the optima's :sadance:

·
always watching
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know, I'm just saying... anyways I apoligize if my posting this thread offended your anti-ricer sensabilities, lol. I just thought it looked cool. I'm goin with the all black look. I thought it was a high quality part that someone who was goin for the polished look would like.

·
Registered
814 Posts
nah man dont get me wrong if thats ur thing go for it, it does look like VERY good quality, just not my cup of tee, but lol it didnt offend me dont worry ;-) it just offended my car haha fuckin with ya

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I think it looks completely fine in the car. You have to freakin mount the battery bacwards though, or extend your cables.

My buddy cisco's engine bay.

Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts