Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Guitar Hero
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out with my boss today doing an appraisal. I was on the side of the house and he had the homeowner open up the garage. He just says, "I don't think you should look in here."

I walked around the corner and went.... :run: :eek: :hail: :eek2:

I don't know these cars extremely well, but the homeowner said there was a 454 in there.

Oh, yeah, and the 1925 Ford. Its for sale. :yup:

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
Looking at the engine bay, seems that he bought out all the crap from Autozone. I would totally redo the engine bay, it looks like crap.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've always liked the 67-68 Camaros.

Here is a picture of my fathers restored 67 camaro rs/ss..

This picture does no real justice for the quality of paintwork and body work on the car. He spent $21k on Paint and body work. Since that picture was taken, The car has all the glass installed along with trimming, Interior and the hood release was swapped out with the new (black) one.

·
Always on pump gas...
700 Posts
ScottH said:
Here is a picture of my fathers restored 67 camaro rs/ss..

I wouldnt call that restored .

Its a nice car and I like it alot, but restored it is not. Whoa, didnt mean to rhyme there....

·
Registered
242 Posts
ChallenSup said:
I wouldnt call that restored .

Its a nice car and I like it alot, but restored it is not. Whoa, didnt mean to rhyme there....
Why wouldn't it be restored? If you seen the condition it was in when it was bought I think you would change your opinion. What do you consider "restoring" as ?

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Restoration typically means bringing the car back to stock, or close. He's pointing out it's modified.

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
Please tell your dad to get rid of that cheap ass Harwood hood. Would look much better with a flat stock hood.

·
Always on pump gas...
700 Posts
restored, as per websters dictionary:

restored

adj : brought back to original condition; "a restored painting"; "felt a restored faith in human beings"

thats what I was going on.

I think its great, my Challenger is the same way, Its been saved and modified, but I wouldnt call it restored.

·
Registered
242 Posts
G said:
Please tell your dad to get rid of that cheap ass Harwood hood. Would look much better with a flat stock hood.
The stock hood wont close with the engine thats in it. It has a built blower motor.
But as you can see, The oem stock hood is next to the car sitting. It will be put on when the other motor is completed.

By proper term I guess its not "restored" since its not stock appearing.
But the car has been brought back to life. I will try and get some pictures of when he bought it. WHen he purchased it, It was pulled from a car graveyard. It had grass and shrubbery growing around the car and thru the holes in the floorboards. The body was manged up throughout the years of sitting and collecting rust etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts