Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just blew his TT block, was running the HKS twins on a completely stock GTE. 264 cams, fuel, rps c/c etc. Blew the block the other day at the track. So now he has to replace the block. My thoughts for my setup and what he should do are thse:

Complete TT head, just get a low mileaged NA block and keep the stock TT HG on his setup. Hell be upgrading to around a 76mm turbo, looking for the 800whp mark. Im telling his to just swap the NA block in there and save a few hundred $$ and itll still hold the same amount of power. I plan on doing the same on my next setup. NA block and TT complete head. Has anyone done this?

Hes main concern is he doesnt know alot about the GE blocks, that they are basically the same difference as the GTE block, just lacking compression. SO anyone that has a high hp GE please chime in. He dynoed 730whp on the HKS twins, hes planning on a fat single now,800+whp. Im planning on a mid sized t4 turbo. Shooting for 500whp.

The advantage of this is that if anything goes wrong again, the price to replace a GE vs a GTE is about 2-3 times more.

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts

·
Dominicano
1,679 Posts
umm hes gonna wanna make 800 hp you say might as well build the block man, the ge block is not gonna hold up very long. if its money hes tight no tell him not go get into a 76 mm run a smaller turbo. Oh and by the way the ge block does not have oil squirters so if he plans on leaving the stock internals hes gonna melt those pistons.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm hes gonna wanna make 800 hp you say might as well build the block man, the ge block is not gonna hold up very long. if its money hes tight no tell him not go get into a 76 mm run a smaller turbo. Oh and by the way the ge block does not have oil squirters so if he plans on leaving the stock internals hes gonna melt those pistons.
I know the GE lacks oil squirters. They get cut off at WOT anyways on a GTE. He just wants to hit 800whp. Doesnt drive the car often.

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
The problem he will run into using a GE block is the fact that the oil passage on the passenger side that normally feeds the turbos is not drilled out on the NA block. It is not easy to do either without completely tearing apart the block. He can run an oil line from the driver side, either from a tapped union bolt from the oil filter or a sandwich plate like what you use for an oil cooler. This is what the NA-T crowd does. He'll also have to swap oil pans so he has a drain or drill out the NA one and tap the holes for the bolts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If the motors out of the car (which it will be before it goes in) then allthose things you mentioned are really easy to do.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If this goes as planned, im not using the stock twin. Will be on a 61mm turno. SO i would have to re-do the feed and return lines just how i did them on my NA-T, so i wont be needing the stock feed lines for the twins.. Piece of cake prety much;)... The problem right now is, finding a complete gte cylinder head. Been looking around the the kid who i was gonna buy it from just sold it today i believe. Was picking it up friday.
Yeah ofcourse ill be taking apart the complete GE and swapping everything from the headgasget up from the TT head onto the GE block. So if anyone knows someone selling a TT cylinder head please pm me.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
If this goes as planned, im not using the stock twin. Will be on a 61mm turno. SO i would have to re-do the feed and return lines just how i did them on my NA-T, so i wont be needing the stock feed lines for the twins.. Piece of cake prety much;)... The problem right now is, finding a complete gte cylinder head. Been looking around the the kid who i was gonna buy it from just sold it today i believe. Was picking it up friday.
Yeah ofcourse ill be taking apart the complete GE and swapping everything from the headgasget up from the TT head onto the GE block. So if anyone knows someone selling a TT cylinder head please pm me.
What?! First you said the block was for your friends 76mm car and now you are saying its for your car with a 61mm?

And I don't think you understand when some of the heavy hitters said they were using the NA block. They are using the NA block casting and building it with forged internals. It would be dumb to put a stock NA block in a car making upwards of 800whp.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What?! First you said the block was for your friends 76mm car and now you are saying its for your car with a 61mm?

And I don't think you understand when some of the heavy hitters said they were using the NA block. They are using the NA block casting and building it with forged internals. It would be dumb to put a stock NA block in a car making upwards of 800whp.
SuperRunner made 916whp on a completely stock NA block. 74mm with like a 100 shot. He bent the rods about 3k miles later and that way because he had too much torque up top with the 100 shot. Which is what killed the rods. The motor can take it, just like the TT, basically the same bs without the oil squirters and lack of factory compression.

He just blew this motor and has to replace it. I kinda gave him the idea of this. Hes just rebuilding his block with all the goodies:)

But i wanna do this. He's made his mind already but i wanna keep this going. Just that i cannot find a complete head, GTE one. I found a thread too, about Chris @ BL that had made about 650whp on a completely stock GE with just a 2.5mm HG. So these motors can take it. Just with a bit compression fall.

1400 hp..... 3.4.......
:lol::cool:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
SuperRunner made 916whp on a completely stock NA block. 74mm with like a 100 shot. HThe motor can take it, just like the TT, basically the same bs without the oil squirters and lack of factory compression.

In the real world people know that a 800+whp Supra on the stock block is on borrowed time regardless if it is a GTE or GE.

I'm sorry, but I will say it again, if somebody is making 800+whp and is swapping their GTE bottom end for stock GE bottom end, they are retarded.

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Iggysupra, ....I thought you were building a 3.4 stroker? You made a thread about it a few months back.

Now your putting a t61 on, and your friend wants to make 800+whp with a NA block? What happened to the stroker?

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lol: u finally saw it.LOL. Plans as i had them didnt really go well at all. That shit isnt coming any time soon. When i see a chance im going for it.

I told him to just swap an NA block in there, they can hold the same amount of power as TT. It was just a thought, hes going fully built 3.0 instead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts