Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not in the market to buy, but I have always liked them. Lotsof good high school memories beating around in Vette's but I never really knew anyone that found a good balance between handling, speed and style.

I have driven a million of them and I know the c5+ is just light years better in nearly every aspect, but for some reason I still love the last style C4's.

Id like to know about some high hp, very good handling c4's.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i mean i know plenty about them, but yet I really never hear info on any tuned ones. Id love to see a 600hp c4 with the proper suspension mods to it but I just dont hear about it.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
This is a great forum:

corvetteforum

Just ask the experts. There are some VERY cool write ups on twin-turbo ZR-1 projects as well as Callaway twin-turbo C-4s over there. The ZR-1 guys have to give an arm and BOTH legs to seriously mod their cars!! There is a guy over in TX that prowls around in a Callaway with something like 550 RWHP/750 RWTQ (a couple years ago, maybe more now) and he has been known to wax some very fast cars over there. :D

·
ORIGINAL GANGSTER
560 Posts
my friend used to have a 96 LT4 Vette...he went through like 4 trannys. ive heard the same for other Vette owners too

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
CrazY fCuK said:
my friend used to have a 96 LT4 Vette...he went through like 4 trannys. ive heard the same for other Vette owners too
Auto or stick? The ZF 6-speed tranny is VERY strong. The TH700R4 auto trans alllllways needs to be modified.

I have been involved with, helped build, driven, and raced many, many C4 Vettes. They have a special place in my heart. I still think the body lines are sexier than a C5 or fugly C6.

Good friend of mine has a uber-clean stock-appearing 1996 Gran Sport C4 that runs 10's with heads, cam and spray. Fun car!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Auto or stick? The ZF 6-speed tranny is VERY strong. The TH700R4 auto trans alllllways needs to be modified.

I have been involved with, helped build, driven, and raced many, many C4 Vettes. They have a special place in my heart. I still think the body lines are sexier than a C5 or fugly C6.

Good friend of mine has a uber-clean stock-appearing 1996 Gran Sport C4 that runs 10's with heads, cam and spray. Fun car!

you like C4's but you hate mk3 supras? Weirdo :freak:

·
Registered
139 Posts
good performance for the time, but i just can't get over thier nasty looks. especially the stock wheels.

rims that look like hub-caps.. nice one GM.

·
ORIGINAL GANGSTER
560 Posts
FYRARMS said:

actually 6speed. it was the silver anniversarry edition LT4 Vette. forgot what year anniversarry...but the trannys kept droppin on that car and i did run into a few other owners of the same type of Vette that had the same problem. either way ive always been a Corvette fan...Grand Sport is still one of my fav Vettes

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
I myself love the c4's, but then again I have a soft spot and respect for the old school. I plan to buy an old vette eventually, they are just too sexy.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
aNskY said:
you like C4's but you hate mk3 supras?
Yep. I also like '05 Mustangs but I hate C6 Vettes. What's your point?

I have hardcore pictures of your ex-girlfriend. Now you are NEVER getting them...

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
CrazY fCuK said:
actually 6speed. it was the silver anniversarry edition LT4 Vette. forgot what year anniversarry...but the trannys kept droppin on that car and i did run into a few other owners of the same type of Vette that had the same problem. either way ive always been a Corvette fan...Grand Sport is still one of my fav Vettes
'96 IIRC.
Wob: I know Lingenfelter created a black 383 C4 that ran high 11s in the quarter and hit 1.0g on the skidpad. It had a set of Fikse wheels...aww man, I was in love. It was tested in a MotorTrend mag, against a Hennessey Viper Venom 600, Kenne Bell Cobra, DC Sports NSX, a supercharged Techart Carrera, and a Renntech CL700. This was March of.....97....i think.... :dunno:

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Do you have any pictures of said GS? Glad to see I'm not the only person in this thread who thinks the C4 looks better than the C5 :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Yep. I also like '05 Mustangs but I hate C6 Vettes. What's your point?

I have hardcore pictures of your ex-girlfriend. Now you are NEVER getting them...

well c4's and mk3s look a lot alike, and they were direct competition.

mustangs and vettes are a poor comparison.

have fun with those pics ya dirty old man :stickpoke

·
Registered
59 Posts
i too love the C4s. i REALLY like the interiors a lot more than the C5s too. more cockpit like, so damn low to the ground. i thought the C4s had a great suspension as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts