Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some thoughts on the GT4082 with a 0.68 AR exhaust housing.

I know the top end flow will be compromized for a quicker spool...but just how much will the top end be compromized?

Does anyone have experience with this beast? I know there are people running the 0.81 AR T housing and the 0.94 and theres also a guy with a gt35 T housing, but i havent heard of the 0.68 being used.

Dyno sheets of the comparable housings would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but if you wanted a gt4082r with a 68 rear would it not be called a gt4068r then?
eric

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
go with the .82 a/r exhaust housing It maybe .82 but go with the larger a/r, You won't have any lagg at all. You will have QWIK spool nad loads of top end.

·
5,950 Posts
Well since I owned the GT4082 who else would you be lookjing for a post from Dude...wake up. Everyone else can only tell you from opinions unless they are running one. Or ask Krisrter, or Polobai, who like you asked me before buying it, then used my reference to buy the one they have now!;)

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Pretty frustrating isnt it Qwik?

I have a question!!!

Here is your answer....

I want another answer...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Go for the bigger A/R, either .82 or .94. The GT-series is designed to work with bigger A/R. .68 will choke the top end I'm sure.

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reign_Maker said:

I have a question!!!

Here is your answer....

I want another answer...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

shut up. I wasnt looking for another answer from him. I was looking for a real answer.

Duane has some input on this also. Feel free to chime in!

·
5,950 Posts
Reign_Maker said:

I have a question!!!

Here is your answer....[/B]

I want another answer...[/I]

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

LOL all too true :nutkickhi

·
5,950 Posts
Krister said:
Go for the bigger A/R, either .82 or .94. The GT-series is designed to work with bigger A/R. .68 will choke the top end I'm sure.
the .94 that it comes with is t5 flanged and wont fit! Go .82 ar which is optional
and must be ordered at the time of purchase

·
5,950 Posts
mikkee123 said:
shut up. I wasnt looking for another answer from him. I was looking for a real answer.

Duane has some input on this also. Feel free to chime in!

I gave you a real answer, and Duane never had a GT4082. Blackdevilsupra will most likely tell you ask me since he and I are buds, and he never owned a gt4082 either.:nutkickhi :wtflol: :1poke:

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
^^^^
Yep, I have the GT4088, but I'll still comment that it'll be counter productive to couple the GT4082 with a .62A/R turbine housing. As Krister and Qwik' have indicated, the GT turbos perform excellent with respect to spool and turbo performance. Thus mating this turbo with a small A/R will inhibit said performance. FWIW, review Krister's most recent dyno chart and compare the boost / rpm/ whp output vs. a stock CT chart. You should notice the almost equivalent boost response, but yet the GT4082 out performs the stocker by generating more whp.

HTH

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
With all the talk about comparing this gt4082 to a stock ct, I decided to overlay a stock ct26 torque curve over the gt4082 dyno (scaled to size, of course). This was on my engine, which internally is set up almost identical to Krister's, except add a P&P head and AL flywheel. However, my fuel/electronics are completely stock, as is the IC/pipes setup:

I do see a bit of a difference between the spool. The gt 4082 is definitely no slouch, but I wouldn't say it's like a stock ct. For reference, that is a 300 ft/lbs peak curve at a hair over 3k RPMs at 9psi. Also, the blue run was started at 2100rpms.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
christian is there any way you can get the RPM or MPH line on that graph, and what gear was that pull in. With the gt4082

~scott

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
Scott, here is Krister's original 4082 pull with the lines labeled. I don't know what gear he used (i would assume 4th), but my stock ct dyno was done in 4th:

edit: oh duh, it says right on the graph, he used 4th gear

1 - 20 of 38 Posts