Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get the threaded rod so I could screw the oil filter directly to the block? I know a couple of guys on here remove the OEM oil cooler... thanks

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate it but I don't think it will move the filter far enough to clear if there was even a change. I know someone out there knows where to get the threaded rods.

·
Inline for the win
4,690 Posts
Is it just a close nipple of a metric thread?

DP

·
Inline for the win
4,690 Posts
I've never seen one myself but I would imagine it would be a 3/4- 16 close nipple:

Titan charges over $100 for it... :rolleyes:
Go to a Parker store, grainger, mcmaster etc... That is like $10 fitting...

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found a project car threat(but can't find it again). there he showed a bolt from ford (e8zz-6890-a) that should fit. going to buy this myself
Thank you!! I did some searching and it is infact what I need

·
G-14 Classified
1,815 Posts

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,349 Posts
I would think that 90404-20173 should work perfectly for this as well. It's the union bolt from a number of engines (including the 7M-GE).

Jeff

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
so with the ford threaded rod deal, you eliminate the stock oil cooler assembly. so now your oil filter seats against the block now, correct? what about the N/A filter assembly vs the ford threaded rod? anybody actually notice a increase in oil pressure after this? or notice any diff at all?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone have a picture of the NA filter assembly vs the TT? I am curious at the difference in location.

·
G-14 Classified
1,815 Posts
d00d, come by the house and look at the RHD N/A...doooofus

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't know if I want to buy a N/A assembly or going the threaded rods route..

·
G-14 Classified
1,815 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts