Supra Forums banner

Threaded rod for OEM oil cooler removal?

15K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  TTSupdog 
#1 ·
I am looking to get rid of the OEM oil cooler and just run the filter against the block. Anyone know where to get the threaded rod that screws into the block? I need to find one ASAP. Thanks

#8 ·
Nah, the hypertune intake manifolds dont come with IACV provisions but Larry @ SP added one on mine... the car that it was on wasn't running the oil cooler. I refuse not to have an IACV on my car so oil cooler must go.

#9 · (Edited)
Kirk
I used to run a setup like that. I cut that bolt off, and threaded it the rest of the way. You just have to be careful when threading the filter on, to not thread the rod too deep into the block. Some plumbers paste will take care of that, but no more oil changes at Jiffy Lube.

Or that is what I think I did. It has been a few years, and the old memory box is losing grey matter.

#10 ·
I have a hardwear store about a mile from my house I just called and they claim to have one in stock. It's one of those overpriced places that has a little of everything. Try some mom n pops hardwear stores near you and if not I can pick this one up for you and ship it or meet you somewhere. LMK, Mike

#11 ·
if your talking about the part the actual oil filter screws onto, one from any toyota engine in the junkyard should work. its threaded on both sides. 1 side is the threads for the block, the other for the fliter. kinda hard to put it on backwards as the filter only fits on one set of threads.

#21 ·
Here is someone else who used the exact same ford fitting, so I doubt it's too short.

kirk,i used the ford one you posted.the other brass one would be to short
the ford one was long enough to mount an earls thermostat
For further reference, if you are looking for this fitting it is part#: E8ZZ-6890-A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.