Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Nowhere in the search is there a HOW TO on doing it, and It's not on SOGI, and I'm retarded, so somebody help! My car is leaking EVERYWHERE and I need to just bypass the throttle body to stop my leak. Somebody point me to a how-to on this or explain it? Would be grand to have my supra running, since I just got a new job and need to be able to drive to get there....

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
i might be reading ur problem all wrong....can you put some details into your issue?

coolant to bypass the throttle body??

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where the coolant lines run through the throttle body, I am leaking coolant badly. I have had a few close calls with the temp, and I need it fixed tomorrow. I need to know how much hose, what size, and what to do for the throttle body coolant bypass.

edit: BTW is there a diagram of this in the TSRM? I've looked through it like 5 times now!

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
id say dont bypass the throttle body with it. just get some hose. it is a pain in the ass to get to if your engine is in the car and ur intake manifold is attached. But the hose looks to be the same size hose as the overflow tank hose that connects from the radiator to the overflow tank. same length too.

i was just looking at it.

Anyways, the hose stretches from intake side, cyl6 to directly under the throttle body. i guess thats the one u are talking about. it probably popped off or has a slit in it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i did mine when everything was off the car, so it was a lot easier, its gonna be a bitch if you have your intake mani on. if you follow the hose it goes down under the intake mani, and conncects to a metal hardline by the back of the head. then follow it in the other direction and it goes down under the intake mani at the front of the head. just route a hose from these 2. then you can take off all those leaking hoses off the throtal body and the idle controle valve. hope that helps.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Easiest way on the turbo Supra is to remove the throttle body and the ISC so you can get to the hoses easier. Take all the hoses off the two intake pieces and throw away the middle hose. Connect the two hoses on the outside to each other using a short piece of metal pipe (I cut off the pipe that extended out from the ISC and used it). It's really simple, just connect the two hoses. If you try to block off the whole system then you'll have to remove a lot more stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts